Welcome to the new site!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Just a heads up...we are starting a new recruiting fracture next week that I think you guys are really going to like.
Just so that we're clear... no, our recruiting is not fractured. Please do not panic. :D

(Bowden voice) Daggum auto-correct.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Eric, I have posted Religious topics on Stingtalk in the past. It created a lot of activity, however, it also has some drawbacks for some of the participants. I am a knowledgeable adherent of the Christian concepts provided by the KJV Bible. Since there are so many cults and false doctrines, it creates a lot of attacks against me which I am very able to withstand. There is no doubt that Christianity is under attack and, the most prominant one at present is the cult of Islam. Of course, there are some major doctrinal issues causing heated attacks, but I am also able to withstand all attacks without retaliating against the attacker.

The only problem I see regards some of the recruits and possible players on the team. Some may adhere to Islam and take umbrage against a Religion Board, so it would have to be made clear that it has nothing to do with GT or GT sports. I can understand if you do not provide a religion or politics board, but they do create a lot of posters who would also use the GT Sports boards.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Love the site so far! I really like it that there are some rather stringent ground rules that we all have to follow. On another board I got mixed up with too many useless arguments that invariable turned into personal attacks (and I was as guilty as the other guy). I don't want that here.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Please explain the different classifications under a user's name. For example: staff member, featured member, etc. Thanks.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Please explain the different classifications under a user's name. For example: staff member, featured member, etc. Thanks.
Sure, that's a good question.

"Staff Member" is basically just the moderators. There's just four of us so far.

"Featured Member" is relatively new; there's no hard and fast rule for this. It could be because we featured and/or sticky'd one of your threads, or even just because bunch of members here have simply appreciated all of your various contributions to the community and one of the moderators noticed. With this said, if anyone has any interest in writing and want to volunteer to write news, analysis, and/or editorials with decent length, shoot us a message. :)

Last but not least, we have the "GT Athlete" title which plays off of Twitter's "verified" accounts concept and is only provided to verified former, current, or future Georgia Tech SAs. (Please ping Eric or I if you would like to be verified.)