Weird, gross, and bad food choices

slugboy

Staff member
This guy is something else. I guess he finishes off these "family Size" bags of junk food. At least the original Chips Ahoy had a moment in history where they were unique and welcomed. There was a Nabisco bakery in my SW Atlanta neighborhood when I was a young boy and the aroma of the cookies baking was intoxicating. Now the oversweet taste is not for me.
My old gym was near a bakery. You could smell cinnamon buns as you worked out. Strange combo
Back on topic, here’s a list. I’ve heard the peanut butter hamburger combo, and the salt and watermelon one is classic. The ice cream and French fries is a weird one to me.
Scotch and ice cream is another I’ve heard but never tried

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
My old gym was near a bakery. You could smell cinnamon buns as you worked out. Strange combo
Back on topic, here’s a list. I’ve heard the peanut butter hamburger combo, and the salt and watermelon one is classic. The ice cream and French fries is a weird one to me.
Scotch and ice cream is another I’ve heard but never tried
That article is pure, empty-headed click-bait, and whoever wrote it knows nothing about food or cooking. It is impossible to fry chicken in coca-cola. Frying is actually a dry cooking method, and soft drinks are basically just sugar-water.

Moreover, the clown who wrote it completely dropped the ball on real flavor pairings that make food pop. I mean, any fool can say “bacon + X” and have a good pairing. Ever tried chile peppers and chocolate? Grate one ounce of unsweetened chocolate into your next pot of chili...but duct-tape your socks to your feet before you take the first bite.

Anyone else know a good—real—food pairing?

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
They’re building a new Popeyes less than a half a mile from my place, opening in Feb.
20B439E9-F7A9-4AB1-AF94-3C833AA8E7BB.gif

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
20 years ago I spent a year in small town in Texas on a large project for my employer at the time. I grew to like beef tongue tacos. And Shiner Bock, especially on draft. My wife won't let me buy or cook beef tongue. I picked up a couple of beef cheeks at the local ethnic farmer's market. She has agreed to try tacos from smoked beef cheeks. I have never tried them but I will try anything once. Hope to smoke them as soon as temps get back up above freezing. Will report my experiment back here.