Week 9 #GTvsFSU Media

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like we will see both Zachs this weekend. Key may have let that slip to a degree when related to Sims' injury status. Mods, thank you in advance for fixing my formatiing on the title

Lil G

Jolly Good Fellow
Personally I love newbies getting thrown into the fire instead of cleaning up cakewalks (not that we’ve had many of those). I’m far from expert but I think giving them a little time to go through practice with the mentality that every motion is about to matter is huge plus. The faster they learn how to handle that pressure the better. Pushing Pyron into sophomore year with a game speed reality check could bring out a new animal in the off season.
Especially now that we have what I believe to be a good qb coach teaching them early instead of after 3 painful poorly coached seasons.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pyron is an Elite 11 QB, and out of the 20 QBs invited, he finished 9th overall. He's got high level ability. He's not Jeff Sims in the run game, but has the ability hurt defenses with his legs. Think Tevin Washington...not gonna burn you for 40+ yards, but he's got ability to extend drives with his legs. Also noted in HS for his ability to avoid the rush in the pocket.

Would have liked for Pyron to have more time learning this offense, but sometime you put a package in for a gifted QB, and see how he responds. If Sims is not playing or is limited, now's the time to give Pyron some snaps and see if he can help the team. He's got the physical tools to be a good QB, and had a good skillset...now it's a matter of his ability to process and deliver on the field.

Looking forward to seeing him on the field. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised if he has to play.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I really hope we aren't going to put Sims out there at less than 100% in a game that we would likely lose anyways if he were 100%. He is alot more valuable for the VT and Miami games than the FSU game.
Have recently checked the USA injury report. I think i see all acc teams reporting injuries. In the past gt did not report but recently started - Boyd and Sims.
FSU has 7-8 reported.

The former person did not discuss injuries.

stigs02jrt

Banned
Pyron is an Elite 11 QB, and out of the 20 QBs invited, he finished 9th overall. He's got high level ability. He's not Jeff Sims in the run game, but has the ability hurt defenses with his legs. Think Tevin Washington...not gonna burn you for 40+ yards, but he's got ability to extend drives with his legs. Also noted in HS for his ability to avoid the rush in the pocket.

Would have liked for Pyron to have more time learning this offense, but sometime you put a package in for a gifted QB, and see how he responds. If Sims is not playing or is limited, now's the time to give Pyron some snaps and see if he can help the team. He's got the physical tools to be a good QB, and had a good skillset...now it's a matter of his ability to process and deliver on the field.

Looking forward to seeing him on the field. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised if he has to play.
Pyron may not have the speed of sims, but he can still be BETTER than Sims as a runner. He might be a tougher runner that will get the extra yards after contact and not afraid of contact. He might make better decisions on WHEN to run. He has ran the option in high school (and later a passing offense), so he should be able to tote it, run some RPO, etc.