WEEK 6 #GTvsDUKE MEDIA

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Some where on here I previously questioned CBK's not getting the field goal when it was 19-7 and we were on their goal line and 4th down. I've since thought that maybe it really turned out good in that Pitt took the ball down and scored and we turned around and scored a TD and put the game away - a learning/growing moment for this team and maybe even the FB team culture going forward.
With what I'm seeing and hearing CBK is about those sort of things and that really makes me feel good going fwd.
I'm excited to watch the rest of the year. I'm guessing we see players that we haven't seen much of as the next few games unfold. We'll see.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
To me it looks like they're all three sharing the starting spot. All names are in bold with "or" before them.
I could have sworn that when I looked at it it only had Dontae's name in bold. Could they/would they have changed something?

JacketFan137

Banned
I’ve been hard on Key and the other GT players turned coaches for not code redding the previous guy after week 2 in 2019 when they all must have known he was clueless. Key especially going from Saban’s regimented system to whatever the last guy was doing had to be a shocker. I’m still not thrilled that he and Choice let that guy destroy our program for 3 years while they sat quietly watching it but Key does appear to be righting the wrongs. So I’m prepared to simply chalk up 4 lost years to the football gods finallly catching up with GT. After basically 30 years of good runs with Ross, O’Leary, Gailey, and Johnson we were past due for a dud. Bama had those years with Shula, UGA with Donnan and Goof, etc so we were due. Let’s hope we have paid our tab to the gods and can now settle back into the mid level tier.
i’m not sure anyone in coaching that’s an assistant has ever come out ahead blasting their head coaches no matter how bad they are. probably a great way to get a reputation of being difficult to work with

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Blows my mind how people can really believe Key is the reason we have sucked so bad the last few years lol
Really, the OL coach is not supposed to be responsible for the OL performance? He came in & said he's be able to recruit OL easier to GT than Bama. Now we're supposed to believe he basically just parroted whatever Collins told him to, ran practices the way Collins wanted him to, recruited the way Collins wanted him to.

I'm all for giving him a clean slate after his initial presser & seeing what he's got. He's said the right things after Collins left, coached the team well in game 1 after Collins left, has had a good week of media after Collins left. All positive, but you still got the above which are complete head scratchers. Frankly, it's pretty rare to have the top guy own 100% of the blame & the #2 zero, but maybe this is the unicorn moment. Time will tell. Key's beating extraodinarily long odds at the moment & I think we all hope he's a winning megabazzilions lottery ticket for GT. If he is the unicorn, that will be mind blowing.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
. Frankly, it's pretty rare to have the top guy own 100% of the blame & the #2 zero, but maybe this is the unicorn moment.
Not really, I have worked for a company that the top guy would not let the people under him do their jobs would have meetings and they would make suggestions on how to make things better, but at the end of the day he would say we will do it my way. He was replaced after 1 year. And it could happen with a head coach.
Listen to the players and their families you could be surprised. Maybe CTC wanted to do things at practice and was told no maybe that was reason he moved on, IMO CGC was power hungry thought he knew more than anyone and would not listen. I don't know CBK but I am willing to see how the season plays out, If it turns out the way I think I have no problem if he gets the job.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Really, the OL coach is not supposed to be responsible for the OL performance? He came in & said he's be able to recruit OL easier to GT than Bama. Now we're supposed to believe he basically just parroted whatever Collins told him to, ran practices the way Collins wanted him to, recruited the way Collins wanted him to.

I'm all for giving him a clean slate after his initial presser & seeing what he's got. He's said the right things after Collins left, coached the team well in game 1 after Collins left, has had a good week of media after Collins left. All positive, but you still got the above which are complete head scratchers. Frankly, it's pretty rare to have the top guy own 100% of the blame & the #2 zero, but maybe this is the unicorn moment. Time will tell. Key's beating extraodinarily long odds at the moment & I think we all hope he's a winning megabazzilions lottery ticket for GT. If he is the unicorn, that will be mind blowing.
The way practice is set up and the way they are required to practice could make an enormous difference. I've been told CBK has changed the way they are practicing, don't know how or what they are doing, just been told it's different.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The way practice is set up and the way they are required to practice could make an enormous difference. I've been told CBK has changed the way they are practicing, don't know how or what they are doing, just been told it's different.
What was going on before in practice was rapid paced reps for everybody without much interruption for coaching corrections. Emphasis on repetitions. In limited opportunities I saw poor practice/warm up fundamentals not performed or corrected. We have not yet had an opportunity to see current practices.

CheCha54

Georgia Tech Fan
From what I understand Collins came in with novel and what some considered unconventional methods of practice. In his defense he may have determined that to compete he would have to innovate. It was not working. Coach Key commented that pactice was too different from games and we need to narrow the gap. I'm excited about Coach Key and his approach.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
From what I understand Collins came in with novel and what some considered unconventional methods of practice. In his defense he may have determined that to compete he would have to innovate. It was not working. Coach Key commented that pactice was too different from games and we need to narrow the gap. I'm excited about Coach Key and his approach.
Collins acted like we had great players and staff. Do lots of 3/4 speed reps with evrryone including scout team members. But enthusiasm but didnt separate the wheat from the chaff