WEEK 6 #GTvsDUKE MEDIA

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
It's been so long since I've paid any attention to these, does Brent speak with the fans in mind or are they still just for recruits?

I've heard that Georgia Tech football coach press conferences are not for the fans or alumni or even the media. Rather, they are simply for the recruits and on one else. At least, that's what I've heard in the past. Why should a coach speak to fans who may be interested in the program and support it financially?? That's doesn't make any sense. Can't remember who said that though. Don't think he's with us anymore. ;) :rolleyes:

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Really like everything I hear from Coach Key. Don't really think he has a chance to keep the job long term, but he has done himself well in the past week and can hopefully keep it up. Must be hard to keep the staff motivated as I'm sure many of them are putting out feelers, but the best resume builder they could have is a strong finish to the year, which would show that the issues was the former guy not letting them do their jobs.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
In Key's press conference, I was trying to read between the lines. Paraphrasing, he said in response to OL blocking that there is still some confusion, they need for practice to be as intense as it is in a game, that they are working on getting it there, but aren't there yet. Reading between the lines, it sounds like a lot of the issues with position play and coaching was more on the person running the practice style than on the position caoches.