• Duke by 7-13

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • Duke by 14+

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I'm going Tech <7. I think Pitt is probably better than Duke, but I don't think Duke is going to allow us nearly as many mistakes as Pitt did. Jeff and the O will need to play much cleaner and be more effective. D needs to keep on doing what they did last week.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
GT <7

I'm not confident enough in our offense to really pile on the points, but I think they will do just enough for our ST and defense to seal the deal....(wow it's nice to have a little faith in our ST again)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I fear that Sims will have turnovers in the first half and we fall behind. Another QB comes in and while they aren’t spectacular they avoid mistakes and we creep closer, but it’s not enough.
And we are left with a QB controversy and a disappointing L.
Sure hope I’m wrong, but we won last week because we won the TO margin 3-0. I just don’t think that happens again this week.
BUT, we’re competitive. G***** C****** would lose this game by 20 plus.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Duke doesn't turn the ball over. We will need to be disciplined this game to pull it out. I voted that we lose a close one because I think Dukes offense is a good bit better, but I think we could just as easily win a close one as well if our defense really steps up again. It won't be a blowout either way.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Duke doesn't turn the ball over. We will need to be disciplined this game to pull it out. I voted that we lose a close one because I think Dukes offense is a good bit better, but I think we could just as easily win a close one as well if our defense really steps up again. It won't be a blowout either way.
Our new coach will have had a full week to clean up the mess left behind by the old coach, and that's on top of the cleanup he did last week in just 5 days. Spread is Tech +3.5, and the money line pays +135. Point spreads haven't yet caught up to the revitalized Jackets under new management.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Duke by 7-13
We caught Pitt napping in Bad Weather and had 4 Sims interceptions dropped. I just want the team to keep playing hard and showing some grit and get me fired up about the direction we are heading in. I don’t see us beating this disciplined Duke team with all that has gone on this year.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Biggest question this week for me - can the team play with the same level of energy and emotion they did last week? That kind of effort (specially on D) is tough to repeat week in and week out as a unit. It’s the same reason teams like App and Marshall win big one week and flop shortly after.

IF we bring that effort I think we win east by 2-3 scores. But I don’t think that will happen. I have a feeling we will regress a little in that department. But hopefully the offense shows up this week and corrects. If so then I think we can win a close game.

Good thing is that I’m looking forward to it though. Earlier in the season that really wasn’t the case - I was more so dreading having to watch. But something about last week’s effort gave me hope. So let’s see what happens!

GO JACKETS!!!