Week 5 #GTvsPITT Media

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs is just a good person and was not going to throw Tech under the bus or get baited by the reporters asking the question. I hate that he left Tech but I am rooting for him cause he seems to be a genuinely good person and a talented player.
Oh I completely agree and that was meant to be TIC.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
This, he still has a lot of friends on the team and he didn't want the program being trashed. He left because of poor coaching. He saw through the BS and got out. And when he did he kept all the negative comments to himself.

Given that Choice was also on the way out. It would not surprise me if choice didn't put in a good word for gibbs over at Bama. To try to get gibbs on a championship team.

Something tells me choice went to collins with some changes he thought needed to be made. Collisn gave him bs. So choice dipped.

CheCha54

Georgia Tech Fan
Given that Choice was also on the way out. It would not surprise me if choice didn't put in a good word for gibbs over at Bama. To try to get gibbs on a championship team.

Something tells me choice went to collins with some changes he thought needed to be made. Collisn gave him bs. So choice dipped.
Choice likley could see the eventual demise of the Collins era.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
We can all hope. I have a strong suspicion that how we do Saturday is going to reflect how we do the rest of the year. If we come out with energy, play well, and get a win, the rest of the schedule looks promising. If we come out and get punched in the mouth and fail to respond, the rest of the season will be for crap.
I have a different opinion on tomorrow's game. I think 4 days is too little to effect a total change in attitude. I am hoping to see some nominal gains in player focus and effort. However, I am not expecting a total makeover or a win. I do hope to see (1) no special teams "breakdowns" (including blocked kicks, missed "chip shot" FGs, or long returns allowed) (2) Good clock management by our coaches (3) Good adjustments by our coaches to what Pitt is trying to do.

Now, I agree, if we come out, get punched in the mouth and roll over .... that is a bad omen for the rest of the year. I don't think that happens. I think there are enough guys on the team that think like Nate McCollum who will not let that happen.

SJ

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I HATE we lost CT3 again for a first half. Would have been helpful to have him out there holding down the d and up the team.

Just have to hope we have enough steel in the collective spine to strap on the equipment and go to war.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure if anyone has taken a look at the weather forecast for Saturday, but the remnants of Ian are going to bring lots of rain to Pittsburgh tomorrow.
Could be a real equalizer, with turnovers being even a greater determinant than they usually are. I'm excited to see how we do !
The forecast is showing very light rain, about .2 inches total from 8pm-12pm. So hopefully just a drizzle.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not having CT is my biggest worry for tomorrow. Both times almost immediately after he went out our defensive performance deteriorated and the first half against WCU wasn't very pretty either.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Just the first half. Still was a BS call. Refs need to learn what the crown of the helmet means.
I agree! He hit more with his shoulder and it was only the side of his helmet that hit not the crown. That being said, CT needs to learn to get his head up when tackling so there is no question.