Week 5 #GTvsPITT Media

GT33

Helluva Engineer
He's wondering if he's gonna get a handshake on Saturday? He's definitely not getting a hug now.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Wondering when we see coach longs presser. Hopefully he's able to pull things together for this game

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’m not sure if Brent Key will do one this week or not. It’s a weird situation but my guess is Wednesday if at all.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if there will be any visible changes in personnel, PT, play calling, effort, etc. starting this week. If the team cones out prepared, fired up, executes well, punts without being blocked, etc. there may be some visible evidence that the former coach,who shall not be named, was indeed the problem all along.

slugboy

Staff member
Tuesday, Sept. 27

11 a.m.
– Interim head coach Brent Key weekly press conference

NOTE: Georgia Tech President Dr. Ángel Cabrera and Interim A.D. Frank Neville will speak at the beginning of the press conference.
I guess they WILL have a press conference.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Now we see how this is being handled. Too soon to say for sure but it feels like they’ve had a plan in place for handling this transition. Feel better that people appear to be in charge.

Collins didn’t work out. With hindsight we see it was a failed experiment. But the slate can be wiped clean and we can start over with renewed commitment to the program.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if there will be any visible changes in personnel, PT, play calling, effort, etc. starting this week. If the team cones out prepared, fired up, executes well, punts without being blocked, etc. there may be some visible evidence that the former coach,who shall not be named, was indeed the problem all along.
I wouldn’t have any expectations on what is basically a 4 day turnaround, maybe less if they travel on Friday. The team just lost their coach, might be going to lose all their coaches by end of season, and who knows what their state of mind this week is going to be.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think Interim AD Neville doing a weekly board breaking demonstration to start the presser would bring some needed energy to proceedings.

Karate Kid Yes GIF by IBTrav Artworks

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Guessing I'm one of the few who watches the opposing pressers.

A couple nuggets before all heck breaks loose in this thread at 11am ET:

1) Two familiar names to Tech fans popped up: Dylan Deveney and C'Bo Flemister. The former transferred from GT after last season and has continued to battle injuries. The latter was a one-time GT commit (to CPJ) before decommitting and landing at Notre Dame. Since transferring to Pitt this past offseason, he's had 9 carries for 41 yds.

2) In response to a question that mentioned Collins' "short-ish stay" and how Narduzzi was 5-7 after his third year and got an extension. Narduzzi: (emphasis mine): "....You can win a championship next year and win one game the next year. There's no guarantees in this business. They key is consistency in this room and our players getting the same information, and coaching the heck out of them and loving the heck out of them...."

(Note: Narduzzi went 8-5 each of his first two years)

1664287675468.png

NewEnglandTransplant

Georgia Tech Fan
He's wondering if he's gonna get a handshake on Saturday? He's definitely not getting a hug now.
Narduzzi is a class act, graciously handing praise to the now ex Coach Collins. And tell you what, Narduzzi has done a solid job at Pitt. Good luck and Go Jackets, tough game up there in Pittshburgh but I hope we can compete after an unsettling week for the players.