Week 3: The Citadel Game Week Media

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
No argument there. Even if you are borderline on distance, though, if your kick is on-line, there is always a chance you get lucky and it creeps over the bar.
The kick on Saturday never had a chance... He had missed that kick before it ever crossed the line of scrimmage...
We are getting this thread way off course. No kicker is perfect, they all miss from time to time. One kick missed or made is not an indication of anything. We all need to let this go.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Cerge-Henderson said in one of his first practices with Lay, he figured he would run through him until Lay gave him a jolt to the chest that stopped him cold. Going against Lay in practice became a signal to buckle up the chinstrap.
“Obviously, I’m not a scout or anything, but playing against him, I kind of got a feel for what kind of player he can be,” said Cerge-Henderson, now interning in Atlanta for a construction company. “If people can look past the fact that he’s a walk-on, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him playing on Sundays.”

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This is queued up to the part where they discuss Georgia Tech. Prior to that there was some discussion about how they were affected by the hurricane over the last 2 weeks, which obviously caused modifications to their game prep.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
LOL. Since I haven't seen the kickers in practice, I don't know who was better. The missed FG had the distance but not the accuracy. I think it was too long to attempt and a punt inside the 20 would probably have prevented a score. As it was USF had a short field.

As to any one play defining your culture, that would be a bad hill to stake your life on. We should have put the game further away so no one play would be the difference.

I don't know if Collins ATL culture will work but am more than wiling to give it a chance. We really don't have a choice and can accept it or *****.

I suggest you go back and watch our field goal tries last year if you are lacking insight from missing practice last week.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We are getting this thread way off course. No kicker is perfect, they all miss from time to time. One kick missed or made is not an indication of anything. We all need to let this go.

King has missed a bunch more than one and made several pats quite scary last year.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I like to think that CGC has watched in practise and King has been more consistent from 50 yards than Wells. If it had been a 40 yarder, we don't actually know that Wells wouldn't have kicked it since he was our "money" man last year.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I still haven't enjoyed anything our offense has put on the field yet, but I have enjoyed every interview with Patenaude. I look forward to him getting the tools to run something at Tech.

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
Really like his defense of the ATL. It is his philosophy and makes sense. Let's see how well it works.

I'm glad it is not just talk. I think ATL will help a lot with recruiting since he can tell recruits that if they put the work in, they will play.
Also like the way it keeps players fresh. I am so use to see our defense fade in 4th quarter. Didn’t see that Saturday