Week 3: The Citadel Game Week Media

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
The Citadel press conference starts at the 3 minute mark unless ya'll wanna hear reporters jabber amongst themselves. ;)

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’m going to be curious to see what happens down the road when the unstoppable force of CGC’s ATL concept meets the immovable object that is the ATL journalism press pool’s insistence to continue asking questions about it.

I’m curious to see if he loses patience with the press or just keeps grinning his way through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here is tighter version of CGC press conference

Really like his defense of the ATL. It is his philosophy and makes sense. Let's see how well it works.

I'm glad it is not just talk. I think ATL will help a lot with recruiting since he can tell recruits that if they put the work in, they will play.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Really like his defense of the ATL. It is his philosophy and makes sense. Let's see how well it works.

I'm glad it is not just talk. I think ATL will help a lot with recruiting since he can tell recruits that if they put the work in, they will play.
We did get a small sample size of the philosophy in the kicking game last Saturday, and if not for a goal line stand by our defense we would have lost the game just to affirm the culture. What a hill to die on.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

The problem is that all schools tell the players that. Justin Fields was promised a lot of playing time. That Clemson kid was promised the first carry of the year a few years ago. It is what it is. Every kid is promised to shine

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We did get a small sample size of the philosophy in the kicking game last Saturday, and if not for a goal line stand by our defense we would have lost the game just to affirm the culture. What a hill to die on.

LOL. Since I haven't seen the kickers in practice, I don't know who was better. The missed FG had the distance but not the accuracy. I think it was too long to attempt and a punt inside the 20 would probably have prevented a score. As it was USF had a short field.

As to any one play defining your culture, that would be a bad hill to stake your life on. We should have put the game further away so no one play would be the difference.

I don't know if Collins ATL culture will work but am more than wiling to give it a chance. We really don't have a choice and can accept it or *****.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The problem is that all schools tell the players that. Justin Fields was promised a lot of playing time. That Clemson kid was promised the first carry of the year a few years ago. It is what it is. Every kid is promised to shine

I think a difference is players who are promised playing time based on their talent as opposed to effort.

That may be BS but that is what I understand Collins to be saying.

If he gets the players with more talent to practice better, all the better. I think he said he had a zero entitlement policy. Sounds good, let's see how it works the next few years.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Can we quit with this nonsense? I love Wells but the kick was 51 yards, not exactly a chip shot. Wells career long is 48 yards it is no guarantee that he makes that kick.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
If you’re short you’ll never make it. Kind of like putting
No argument there. Even if you are borderline on distance, though, if your kick is on-line, there is always a chance you get lucky and it creeps over the bar.
The kick on Saturday never had a chance... He had missed that kick before it ever crossed the line of scrimmage...