• Cuse by 7-13

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Cuse by 14+

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am ready for a 100+ yard game from a RB. Next question who gets it first this year. Our red zone offense needs a good running game. Why aren't we running off the right side with those big guys over there. How about sprint out RPO.
We win by a touchdown. Will not be easy.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Cuse has scored 16 points *total* through 2 games. If Tech allows 41 to them on Saturday then it’s going to be a long year.

If GT allows the Cuse offense even 20+ points, there will be warranted concern, but honestly, after giving up 49 on Saturday to an admittedly good group of 5 team, I already am concerned. But, I was concerned before the season started knowing our talent and depth in the DL and LB groups. This is where the recruiting rubber is going to meet the road for our "competition is king" head coach. If he can get them, he will be able to take us back to where we want to go, but if not, no amount of good salesmanship or marketing will matter. I am rooting for him, and he is as good of a salesman for GT as I have ever seen.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
If GT allows the Cuse offense even 20+ points, there will be warranted concern, but honestly, after giving up 49 on Saturday to an admittedly good group of 5 team, I already am concerned. But, I was concerned before the season started knowing our talent and depth in the DL and LB groups. This is where the recruiting rubber is going to meet the road for our "competition is king" head coach. If he can get them, he will be able to take us back to where we want to go, but if not, no amount of good salesmanship or marketing will matter. I am rooting for him, and he is as good of a salesman for GT as I have ever seen.

I think the turnovers and forcing additional scoring opportunities in 4th quarter contributed too the mess against UCF let it get away from us a closer game probably makes that a score lower

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Will the Jackets snag another ACC road win? Poll included.

There is no excuse for losing this game...none. This is a bad team. The entire game against Pitt, the words heard over and over were "...the pocket collapses on Devito" He has suffered 14 sacks in two games. The wonder is that he is able to stand up much less play quarterback. That said, I was impressed by Syracuse's defense. With all the reason in the world to just pack it in they tenaciously played ball as hard as they could. The Orange may have broken our record for three and outs the last two weeks. I am trying to think of something, anything, that is positive about their offense. The quarterback, given time, can throw a very nice long ball and they do have receivers who can go get it. That is about it. Defense has an outstanding safety and tough linebackers. They play a 3-3-5 and seem to blitz a lot. They do have one player in the secondary who got picked on a good bit. Cornerback named Carter, maybe? The one way we can blow this is to do what we did last week and turn the ball over.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I won't necessarily be concerned if Cuse scores more than 20, particularly if we are still missing 5 different DL who are clearly not just depth guys.

Even if we get some of those pieces back, I still might not be concerned if Cuse breaks 20. I won't bother looking up the highlights, but the Orange proved capable of getting behind the UNC and Pitt D. The QB either misfired (and he's not a bad QB) and in at least one case a receiver was wide open in the end zone and the ball went right thru his hands. Cuse is not THAT bad on average, so just coming back to the mean would imply they score more points against what - right now - is the worst DL they have faced thus far.

Still, their offensive line is beat up and has just as many injuries/gaps as our DL, and they are inconsistent. So as long as they don't move the ball with ease, I won't fret our D.

We also have an advantage offensively that UNC and Pitt did not i.e., we have multiple games on film with Cuse in their new 3-3-5 D. I think we should be able to do enough on offense even if there are miscues to win this one. Sticking with my Sunday prediction of 28-21.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
If we get Ryans and/or Clayton back and we aren’t missing anyone else new in the front seven, I think we will put up some big sacks numbers. They are allowing 7 sacks per game and we have a pretty aggressive defense.

If we can FINISH drives and win the turnover battle I think we can win by 10+. If not, it could be a close game.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
It’s always funny looking at other teams’ boards before a game. It really drives home the point that everybody on both sides is extremely biased, and nobody on either side really knows wtf they’re talking about lol. That’s why they play games on the field, and not on paper or message boards.

Deleted member 2897

It’s always funny looking at other teams’ boards before a game. It really drives home the point that everybody on both sides is extremely biased, and nobody on either side really knows wtf they’re talking about lol. That’s why they play games on the field, and not on paper or message boards.

If GT was 0-2, had 390 total yards, and 1 touchdown, I’m not sure I’d be predicting a win this week. Syracuse can absolutely win, but I wouldn’t predict it.

With 920 yards, 5 touchdowns, and most of our problems so far fixable and self-inflicted, at least we can have some logic behind our optimism.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
If GT was 0-2, had 390 total yards, and 1 touchdown, I’m not sure I’d be predicting a win this week. Syracuse can absolutely win, but I wouldn’t predict it.

With 920 yards, 5 touchdowns, and most of our problems so far fixable and self-inflicted, at least we can have some logic behind our optimism.
You would think that, but there were a lot of people on this board that predicted a win at Temple last year.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
You would think that, but there were a lot of people on this board that predicted a win at Temple last year.
To be fair Graham was hurt, and after Oliver fumbled into the endzone for a touchback all momentum was killed. Not to mention the unlucky scoop and score by Temple, how often does that happen? We were just unlucky and injury ridden.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
To be fair Graham was hurt, and after Oliver fumbled into the endzone for a touchback all momentum was killed. Not to mention the unlucky scoop and score by Temple, how often does that happen? We were just unlucky and injury ridden.
Oh I’m well aware. But Cuse is basically in the same situation right now. Fans just want to see their team win, and most of them can convince themselves to expect a win for their team no matter the opponent or the circumstances.