Votes: 34 16.3%
  • UCF by 7-13

Votes: 26 12.4%
  • UCF by 14+

Votes: 11 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 2897

I’m going to do the same thing as last week - pick our opponent to win by > 14 in the poll and then pick GT by less than 7 in the actual score...31-26 in this case. Because none of that makes any sense.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Good guys by 10 - 14. Our size/conditioning will be a problem for them (how long has it been since we've said that?) They won't have an answer for both our passing game and our running game, and we'll get them on their back foot. I predict smash-mouth early, then passing as they bring up help.

dcall

Georgia Tech Fan
I believe they’ll definitely make first game mistakes and hopefully play more sloppy than us. Capitalization and points off turnovers will be key to us winning the game, and Johnson not falling on his face during FG attempts lol. If we clean up and D plays like it did I think we’ll be fine.

CPJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I say we win by <7 points b/c I can't predict a loss. Our efficiency between the 20's was VERY impressive last week. We have the ability to move the ball. Without the mistakes we would have blown FSU out. We will iron out the kicking game and Sims will be better protecting the ball. I believe UCF, though not as physical, is a vastly better team than FSU in executing their offense and defense. I believe we'll be able to hang with their skill players and our depth on the lines were a revelation last week, given all the injuries pregame. That doesn't mean we keep them to 13 points. Improvement from week 1 to week 2 shows and I predict a higher scoring game but not a shootout. 27-24 GT.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I worry about the depth on D. I worry about whether Sims is really that good. I worry about...everything.

UCF 35-24.

Make me eat my words, guys!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’m going to do the same thing as last week - pick our opponent to win by > 14 in the poll and then pick GT by less than 7 in the actual score...31-26 in this case. Because none of that makes any sense.

Totally get it. Last week I did not pick. Had the family come over for a cookout. This week we are following the same patterns.....no predictions, cookout with the same people and exact same menu. My sons and myself have to wear the exact same game day attire as last week. They totally get it and buy into the process but my wife thinks we are crazy for some reason. I am going to do everything that I can control to keep this win streak alive!! and trust that my fellow jacket fans are doing their part as well. :)

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
31-28.

Their offense is good and will burn is a deep a few times with tired legs in the secondary after a few sustained drives with them getting stuck on the field without being able to sub.

Our run game will control the LOS and give Brown/Carter time to get free on a few play actions.

And we win both the turnover/penalty battle.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
This is hard. UCF is a good team. They are used to winning and are not small (although smaller than us at some spots). It's their first game, but they have a lot of returning players. Despite the win over FSU, we don't have anywhere near the resume to think we're ready to beat a good team yet. Their tempo is extreme, so we can get caught off guard if we aren't able to adjust to it. I do think we have some favorable matchups in this one. I'm most worried about special teams and their speedy backs breaking containment. If Gibbs plays, I think he can be a difference maker. It really comes down to execution. For that, I'm not going to pick a W on this one. We have 1 game where we out-executed the opponent but still made several errors. They have a whole track record across several years of doing what they do well.

Deleted member 2897

Totally get it. Last week I did not pick. Had the family come over for a cookout. This week we are following the same patterns.....no predictions, cookout with the same people and exact same menu. My sons and myself have to wear the exact same game day attire as last week. They totally get it and buy into the process but my wife thinks we are crazy for some reason. I am going to do everything that I can control to keep this win streak alive!! and trust that my fellow jacket fans are doing their part as well. :)

That’s right. Commit to the process. Beautiful.

as a wise man once said (I think it was Socrates), “ how are you do anything is how you do everything.”

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Until we know who (if anyone) is out and back from last week I don't feel great picking this week. I know, this is the rest of the season, but still wrapping my head around this. That said I pick GT 35 - UCF 24

I think we are looking to build off last week and presuming the OL and skill dudes are back on O will have momentum to put up some points. I know they have speed, but after seeing what we looked like against FSU's vaunted DL I think we will make some noise up front.

Defense is a little scary here. They go fast and they (as everyone else knows) like to get you into fits with sub packages. Herein lies my prediction's basis. We are all about position flexibility and multiple looks from guys. We talk all the time about with the same dudes we can shift into jailbreak rush or maxed out coverage. So I HOPE we will be able to not get stuck too frequently where they make hay (matchups that are goofy) like their speedy back on a wheel route being picked up by a slower LB. We will see, and availability of the guys is going to be crucial here (as well as most places).

ST is going to either be night and day different, or I will be consuming extra bourbon. I do think it will look better. Our dudes are aware of where the mistakes were, and the coaching staff knows this can't continue. Plus we hit the game winner last attempt. So I am feeling better.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
"So I HOPE we will be able to not get stuck too frequently where they make hay (matchups that are goofy) like their speedy back on a wheel route being picked up by a slower LB".

This is my constant nightmare.......On FSU's first drive, they got one on one over the middle against Curry for a long gain. Also safety was slow coming over to help. Expect more of that this week, IMO.