Week 2 Media #UCFvsGT

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Interesting article. Key takeaways:
  • Essentially all of UCF's top CBs either opted out or injured
  • Little depth at DT - opt outs and injuries
  • No decisions #1 go-to WR - different from prior 2-3 years
  • QB is not particularly mobile and crumbled in LY’s 3 losses (all road games) - especially when pressured

I hope their attitude reflects UCF's team's:
  • "Georgia Tech’s offense won’t present the toughest task" (for their true freshmen at CB)
  • "This is still a rebuilding Georgia Tech program"
  • "it could be a long afternoon for the freshman" (Sims)
  • "the lack of a packed, hostile environment could help" (Those of you attending better make enough noise for the rest of us)
  • "It's going to take a little bit for UCF to beat off the rust, but they simply out talent Georgia Tech." (Emphasis mine, really??)
  • Knights 48, Yellow Jackets 24; Knights 31, Yellow Jackets 13; UCF 38, GT 24; UCF 45, GT 10...
I mean, I think there's too much enthusiasm around here after beating FSU. Some of those are accurate observations. But they think they're Clemson and Tech is... well, Tech. I really hope their team is that confident too.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I hope their attitude reflects UCF's team's:
  • "Georgia Tech’s offense won’t present the toughest task" (for their true freshmen at CB)
  • "This is still a rebuilding Georgia Tech program"
  • "it could be a long afternoon for the freshman" (Sims)
  • "the lack of a packed, hostile environment could help" (Those of you attending better make enough noise for the rest of us)
  • "It's going to take a little bit for UCF to beat off the rust, but they simply out talent Georgia Tech." (Emphasis mine, really??)
  • Knights 48, Yellow Jackets 24; Knights 31, Yellow Jackets 13; UCF 38, GT 24; UCF 45, GT 10...
I mean, I think there's too much enthusiasm around here after beating FSU. Some of those are accurate observations. But they think they're Clemson and Tech is... well, Tech. I really hope their team is that confident too.

I'm envisioning huge things for Jahmyr Gibbs' first game. Doesn't sound like those guys know anything about him.

Deleted member 2897

• QB is not particularly mobile and crumbled in LY’s 3 losses (all road games) - especially when pressured

I would not be opposed to a comfortable lead all game for us. I feel really bad for them. But I think I can get over it.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I would not be opposed to a comfortable lead all game for us. I feel really bad for them. But I think I can get over it.
What I want is shut out defense. Take pressure of Sims and let him get as familiar with the offense as possible. We've been such an offensive power for so long, it would be nice to get lights out defense and help allow the offense to get back to putting up points like we've been accustomed to seeing. The tools are getting much closer to finding success with the new o we are trying to run, just need continued lights out defense to hold it over in the meantime.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

you didnt mention the comment about Mason - I have seen it in chats but didnt see anything semi official

Robert Binion of From The Rumble Seat said on our podcast this week that Jordan Mason, Tech’s top running back last season, reportedly suffered a broken foot in the late stages of the FSU game and is ostensibly out for a while.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
you didnt mention the comment about Mason - I have seen it in chats but didnt see anything semi official

Robert Binion of From The Rumble Seat said on our podcast this week that Jordan Mason, Tech’s top running back last season, reportedly suffered a broken foot in the late stages of the FSU game and is ostensibly out for a while.

This is not good. Say what you want about the backups being more highly recruited, but Mason is a player. I hate this for him.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
This is not good. Say what you want about the backups being more highly recruited, but Mason is a player. I hate this for him.
Gibbs, Griffin, Smith, and BJS may combine to run for 400 yards tomorrow, but there’s nobody who I would want to have the ball more with the game on the line than Mason. He has proven that he can put the team in his back (literally, see how many NC State players be carried across the LOS last year in the 4th quarter) and the others haven’t, yet. Hopefully somebody will be able to step up and play that role if Mason is going to miss an extended period of time.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
They are a GOOD team with GOOD coaching and GOOD players. IMHO it’s a great situation for us to be underdogs so we hopefully don’t sleep on them.

Given that they are a top 20 team and we are an 8 point home dog, I can't imagine why our guys would not be fired up and focused to show what they can do on the big stage. This is a really big game for Coach Collins' program. Legit? or Wannabe? We will find out Saturday.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They will be fired up to play a P5 team. They want respect as a ranked team that deserves P5 type recognition. We are playing to prove we can beat a ranked opponent and pride in our program. I like our chances but cannot make mistakes with INT's and missed FG's. I hope Gibbs can play if Mason can't go. Both would be awesome.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What I want is shut out defense. Take pressure of Sims and let him get as familiar with the offense as possible. We've been such an offensive power for so long, it would be nice to get lights out defense and help allow the offense to get back to putting up points like we've been accustomed to seeing. The tools are getting much closer to finding success with the new o we are trying to run, just need continued lights out defense to hold it over in the meantime.
I want us to get a 28-0 lead in the first quarter, then gradually pull away for a comfortable win.