Week 2 ACC Power Rankings

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN
7. Georgia Tech . There wasn't a whole lot to take away from the Yellow Jackets' win over Mercer, but this is a 2-0 team that has a tough league win under its belt. A home game against Vanderbilt awaits.
http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/94421/acc-power-rankings-week-2-offers-some-movement

College Football News

9. Georgia Tech (2-0)
Final Score: Georgia Tech 35, Mercer 10
Prediction: Georgia Tech 38, Mercer 3
Up Next: Vanderbilt

Quick Take: The offense didn’t have to work too hard in a no drama game after the Boston College game. Justin Thomas ran well, hit a few passes to open it up, and got help from everyone around him with the ground game rumbling for 364 yards and dive scores averaging seven yards per pop. It wasn’t a perfect performance by the defense, but it was smooth sailing after giving up an early score.
http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/acc-rankings-recaps-scores-week-2

League Standings
upload_2016-9-11_13-42-18.png

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at GT's history in these things the last two years, this is pretty meaningless.

One question I asked myself... Despite our flaws, which teams would we want to trade places with post-Week 2?

My opinion:
  • Almost certainly - Louisville, FSU, Clemson
  • Maybe - Pitt, Miami
  • The rest, probably not
    • UNC - lost to Dwags
    • VT - one loss, beat Liberty by similar margin as GT/Mercer, turnover central
    • Duke/BC/NC State - no thanks
    • The rest - not worth talking about (sadly for me)

So basically, as debatable as our progress has been, I'd say other programs should be equally if not more uncertain about their potential the rest of the way.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
If you look at GT's history in these things the last two years, this is pretty meaningless.

One question I asked myself... Despite our flaws, which teams would we want to trade places with post-Week 2?

My opinion:
  • Almost certainly - Louisville, FSU, Clemson
  • Maybe - Pitt, Miami
  • The rest, probably not
    • UNC - lost to Dwags
    • VT - one loss, beat Liberty by similar margin as GT/Mercer, turnover central
    • Duke/BC/NC State - no thanks
    • The rest - not worth talking about (sadly for me)

So basically, as debatable as our progress has been, I'd say other programs should be equally if not more uncertain about their potential the rest of the way.
Clemson isn't exactly playing like a contender. If we performed against Mercer the way they did against Troy, half the board would have jumped off a bridge.