WEEK 12 #GTvsUNC Media

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
After every loss I am ready to move on from Key, then I watch the next week's press conference and start to think he may not be so bad. I feel like he COULD do well if he gets a better staff (primarily on the O) and if he is given an off-season to implement his system and philosophy. Honestly, I don't know if he is the answer and I would be fine moving on from the whole staff, but he does seem to have a good vision for success.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
After every loss I am ready to move on from Key, then I watch the next week's press conference and start to think he may not be so bad. I feel like he COULD do well if he gets a better staff (primarily on the O) and if he is given an off-season to implement his system and philosophy. Honestly, I don't know if he is the answer and I would be fine moving on from the whole staff, but he does seem to have a good vision for success.

Agree. As with most things in life, it's about timing. Just bad timing for Key. He got an opportunity to lead his alma mater, but under trying circumstances. Popular opinion is to turn the page on anything to do with the Collins regime, and Key is part of that regime. He's done a good job...currently sitting at 3-3 with pieces he didn't fully recruit, and staff he didn't pick. Unfortunately, I think fans are ready for a complete change, and the new AD wants to put his stamp on the program.

Personally, I think if you give Key a full offseason to implement his programs, revamp the staff to his preference, and hit the portal for certain pieces, GT would probably be a bowl team next year. I don't think he'll get that chance. The UVA game was pivotal, and losing to Miami was the nail in the coffin for his chances.

Key is well respected within the coaching profession. He'll go on to do good things after GT.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Agree. As with most things in life, it's about timing. Just bad timing for Key. He got an opportunity to lead his alma mater, but under trying circumstances. Popular opinion is to turn the page on anything to do with the Collins regime, and Key is part of that regime. He's done a good job...currently sitting at 3-3 with pieces he didn't fully recruit, and staff he didn't pick. Unfortunately, I think fans are ready for a complete change, and the new AD wants to put his stamp on the program.

Personally, I think if you give Key a full offseason to implement his programs, revamp the staff to his preference, and hit the portal for certain pieces, GT would probably be a bowl team next year. I don't think he'll get that chance. The UVA game was pivotal, and losing to Miami was the nail in the coffin for his chances.

Key is well respected within the coaching profession. He'll go on to do good things after GT.
He'd get a G5 HC job if he was interested. People outside GT community are impressed by what he's done to improve the team, but when he ends at 3-5 you just can't keep him on then.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I like Key. probably better as a HC than a O-line coach given our inconsistency in that area. He has a plan; he works his play. and he either went WAY out of his way to not say anything negative about Sims, or he has tremendous empathy - maybe a bit of both; we will see what happens come season end with Sims.
Pyron - man I love that kid already. glad to hear about the second pick.