Week 1 Coach Collins Press Conference #GTvsCLEM

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Obviously not a ton disclosed. Some notes:
  • Significant positivity about the DL development in the fall which CGC heavily emphasized the importance of given those guys wearing out fastest especially against up-tempo spread teams. Been there before...
  • CGC hasn't decided on the starting QB? Maybe a bit of cheekiness there. But definitely stated each guy has the base offense + a package just for them
  • Talked about the difficulty in preparing for us, not just 3 different QB packages but all of our personnel on O being so flexible and many backs with different skill sets
  • Honestly, it seems impossible to scheme for especially having no tape. But of course no offense wins without blocking a few guys from time to time, and if the personnel groupings are so variable, maybe we'll struggle to organize them for our own sakes
  • Talked about how active coaching will be on the sidelines for guys not in the game constantly being taught and practicing communication. I love this. Keeps everyone's heads in the present moment and actually think it's a bonus if guys aren't paying attention to the scoreboard at all (except in special situations). But I think the players might want to watch the game some too

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The DL depth talk is big. There's no positions more important to whether you win or lose than the ones down in the trenches.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Relentless attacking emphatically elite pro style spread[ing] around complements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Relentess FAMILY of twitter accounts that are all #404theCulture of LOVE for your BROTHER account.

TBH, I love these guys. Truly unique, recruiting is better, but our offense may look like the little giants until we get some depth on the OL.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s funny you guys are harder on our team and coaches then the media, who have been gushing about the access and communication from the new staff. It’s almost like you have some other agenda than being a fan.