Week 1 #CLEMvsGT Media

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Covid year eligibility making the team seem much younger. Jeff Sims is in his 3rd school and playing year which normally be a junior. Same for a lot of these guys.
Correct. Pierce Quick is a 4th year soph for example. A RS year, a Covid year and one more year in Tuscaloosa.

Still, we are young I only counted 5 seniors out of almost 60 on the O and D ATL.

Used to be lots of 4th year sophs at Tech but it didn't have to do with football.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, the way he laughed when Ken asked about getting to a bowl game made me physically cringe. ....Go Jackets
That was a cringeworthy moment. He just answered it by saying something about "working every day" and talking about "internal goals" without naming one of those goals as getting in a bowl game. I don't know exactly what he meant by that, but it wasn't encouraging. He didn't seem to want to go on record as aspiring to a bowl game, for whatever reason. Maybe he's hoping if he wins 5 and misses a bowl, he'll still be here in 2023. I just hope his new assistant coaches can pull him through.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
No Leo Blackburn? He's one of the guys I was most excited about seeing. Has he not fully healed or is this omission due to something else?
Broke his wrist. Wont be back for a few months. Also, Joe Fussile is a walk on freshman OL who will get burn on gameday. Take that however you want.
I'm joining the "Leo Blackburn is not a real person" club. I think he's about as real as the ND guy's girlfriend.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
So on the ATL, what has happened to LBs Meiguiez and Franks? Are they injured also?
Franks missed all of last year due to problems outside of football that weren’t directly himself. He had a very hard year. He’s still working his way back. He basically missed a whole year of playing in our defense so he’s picking everything up again.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Franks missed all of last year due to problems outside of football that weren’t directly himself. He had a very hard year. He’s still working his way back. He basically missed a whole year of playing in our defense so he’s picking everything up again.
Sometimes fans forget these kids have a life and challenges outside football. Hope he has things worked out.

CheCha54

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah, the way he laughed when Ken asked about getting to a bowl game made me physically cringe. ....Go Jackets
How can he not answer that question? All he had to say is, "That is one of our aspirations (goals). We are an unproven team that is working very hard to win. I believe in my team and they will give it all they have every single day."