Wednesday notes/injury update

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Johnson still out...game time decision. I would say doubtful.

Gotsis back.

Harrell will play this week...CPJ added he would be playing "a lot"...as well as Marcordes.
Marshall will play this week.

No Leggett.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I have no idea. I still would guess he redshirts...CPJ just said he isnt ready yet.

@daBuzz might have more info.

He's day-to-day. Seems to be 1 step forward and 2 steps back but I think he's very hesitant to turn it up to 100%. Until he's able to go at 100% for an entire week, he won't even have a shot at playing. And if he doesn't play within the first 3 weeks, he's most likely going to redshirt unless an emergency were to come up due to injuries to other players.

Edited to add: he is practicing with the team though and getting some reps (not on the scout team).

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
He's day-to-day. Seems to be 1 step forward and 2 steps back but I think he's very hesitant to turn it up to 100%. Until he's able to go at 100% for an entire week, he won't even have a shot at playing. And if he doesn't play within the first 3 weeks, he's most likely going to redshirt unless an emergency were to come up due to injuries to other players.
Thank for the info.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Edited to add: he is practicing with the team though and getting some reps (not on the scout team).

We need for him to play in real game situations to start to get ready for next year when all our BB and ABs on this week's depth chart are gone.

Burn the shirt if he is physically ready; he'll probably be going to the NFL after 3 or 4 years anyway! {The attrition study I'm still working on shows how few players make it 5 years. Either don't get playing time and stop at GT, go to NFL, get injured or disciplinary.}

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
We need for him to play in real game situations to start to get ready for next year when all our BB and ABs on this week's depth chart are gone.

Burn the shirt if he is physically ready; he'll probably be going to the NFL after 3 or 4 years anyway! {The attrition study I'm still working on shows how few players make it 5 years. Either don't get playing time and stop at GT, go to NFL, get injured or disciplinary.}

I get your point but the problem he has right now is that he has missed so much time that he's still trying to learn his assignments. He's going to have to prove to the coaches that he knows his responsibilities before they're going to let him play. If it was just about running the ball, there's no question that he can do that...but he has to know his blocking assignments and be able to execute those as well.

Personally, I still think he ends up playing at some point this year but the longer it goes, the less likely that he will play.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Johnson still out...game time decision. I would say doubtful.

Gotsis back.

Harrell will play this week...CPJ added he would be playing "a lot"...as well as Marcordes.
Marshall will play this week.

No Leggett.

Haven't heard much about Lynch. Will need him in 2015. Is he over his injury? A redshirt on the scout team this year? Any word on how he is doing (real candidate for future AB)?