Weather for the game Monday

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Monday -

High of 38
    30% chance of snow

The day before the game (Sunday) it is suppose to drop down to a low of 28 and rain all day...meaning the field is going to be froze.

2. Rodney Kent

Rodney Kent Ramblin' Wreck

Not good for fast backs who want to get to the outside. Also, not good for quarterbacks and receivers who try to handle a hard football.

3. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Also the Titans play the day before so the field probably wont be in good shape.

4. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

The field at LP stadium is one of the hardier grass surfaces, the only worry is the Titans play the Texans Sunday :(

5. Rodney Kent

Rodney Kent Ramblin' Wreck

In a game like this, the edge generally goes to the team with a good variety of straight ahead running rather than speed to the outside. The conditions hinder the speedy backs and receivers as well as the passing by the quarterbacks. The offensive and defensive lines will probably rule the day.

6. 4shotB

4shotB Helluva Engineer

rats! no snow in forecast per today's forecast. I am going and was looking forward to some real football weather.

7. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Didn't we play not so good on ice in Boise a while back?....Hope we play more like Eddi Lee Ivery vs. AF.

bat_082994 likes this.
  8. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

I remember that Boise game.... Wish I could forget it!

9. augustabuzz

augustabuzz Helluva Engineer

Was that the game where P J Daniels set the bowl rushing record?

10. techman78

The one he was referring to was in 07 after Chan had been canned and Tenuta was the interim coach.

11. Stinger90

Stinger90 Helluva Engineer

What a beat down by Fresno State :( If I remember correctly, our guys didn't want to go to Boise. I also wonder if Tech would have won that game, would Tenuta get the head coaching job?

12. OldJacketFan

Beautiful, clear sunny morning here in Nashville this a.m. :D let's hope it continues!

13. techman78

Johnson had already been named head coach before the game. I remember seeing him in the press box. It was an ugly game....

14. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Glad Johnson got the job. I'm actually pretty sold on the guy. We just need to keep improving on the recruiting side. I think we benefit on that score with stability at HC. I was / am a big fan of Ross n O'Leary. CGO recruited better n better during his tenure before he left. I think we will see the same with CPJ.

Rain, sleet, snow, or sunshine just hope the guys play hard, have fun, and manage a win. Go Jackets!

15. OldJacketFan

Watching the Titans game, the field looks great! No apparent issues with the footing

16. techman78

I'm glad Johnson got the job as well. The past couple of seasons have been disappointing but I do think he is a good coach for us. I enjoy the option O and I am hoping that Vad or Justin can help take it to another level.

augustabuzz likes this.