Wear WHITE.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Speak for yourself. Be there and be loud is all that matters. I wouldn't mind everyone not wearing white in protest to these big games being on ****ing thursday night.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
FTFY
I know we're mostly engineers here , but it really hurts your argument when you don't use proper grammar.
Anyone is a singular pronoun. While it is indefinite, it is a singular indefinite pronoun, and "they" contradicts subject agreement. It would be like saying "One of the girls gave up their seat", which is grammatically incorrect, as it should be "One of the girls gave up her seat." "You" is also indefinite, but it could refer to a singular person or a plural group of people; in this case, it is being used as a singular pronoun. Therefore, "you" is correct, as is "he" and "she" if you is replaced with either of those, but "they" is incorrect. Next time you try to correct someone's grammar, make sure you actually know what you're talking about

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Anyone is a singular pronoun. While it is indefinite, it is a singular indefinite pronoun, and "they" contradicts subject agreement. It would be like saying "One of the girls gave up their seat", which is grammatically incorrect, as it should be "One of the girls gave up her seat." "You" is also indefinite, but it could refer to a singular person or a plural group of people; in this case, it is being used as a singular pronoun. Therefore, "you" is correct, as is "he" and "she" if you is replaced with either of those, but "they" is incorrect. Next time you try to correct someone's grammar, make sure you actually know what you're talking about

I'm with @Blumpkin Souffle (note item three):

They: pronoun, possessive their or theirs, objective them.
1. nominative plural of he, she, and it.
2. people in general:
They say he's rich.​
3. (used with a singular indefinite pronoun or singular noun antecedent in place of the definite masculine he or the definite feminine she):
Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote. A person may apply only if they are over 21. They have been an actor since childhood.​

(from www.dictionary.com)

That being said, I'm okay with the wording in the OP--I'm just saying that the use of 'they' in this context is entirely acceptable.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I'm with @Blumpkin Souffle (note item three):

They: pronoun, possessive their or theirs, objective them.
1. nominative plural of he, she, and it.
2. people in general:
They say he's rich.​
3. (used with a singular indefinite pronoun or singular noun antecedent in place of the definite masculine he or the definite feminine she):
Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote. A person may apply only if they are over 21. They have been an actor since childhood.​

(from www.dictionary.com)

That being said, I'm okay with the wording in the OP--I'm just saying that the use of 'they' in this context is entirely acceptable.
That's fine and well, using the singular they like that (although having taken English classes under several distinguished professors, all of them disregard that use and actively dissuade it, the same way I dislike how the word literally now has a secondary definition meaning figuratively), but the original point was that you can't be used in the sentence, and must be replaced with they, implying that you is singular and should be changed out for the plural they. That is incorrect. If you wish to use the singular they, that's also fine, but you, he, and she all work just as well if not better. This is the last point I'm going to make about this, however, because I don't want this thread to derail into a grammar thread

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I'll be there in White, cheering the Brave and Bold. Nice brisk business at the GT Bookstore, but lemme tell you ... a big selection of mostly rubbish. I had to go to the bookstore because the two stores in 'burbs I went to and asked "Where's the GT section?" both responded ... "We don't have one."

Ugh.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate anyone who goes downtown and cheers the team on - Go Jackets!

On a related note though, wouldn't it be great to pull a Tennessee and checker the stadium in White and Gold sections? That would be impressive!

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I went to 4 or 5 different stores and the only thing I found were these generic 20 buck t shirts. Oh well. It's white and says georgia tech. It will work just fine. (y)

BraydenEST

Georgia Tech Fan
Man I can't wait. This is first big game. I took him to the mercer game for his first ever game and he loved it. This will be my first Thursday game besides last years opener. Hope to see Bobby Dodd rocking!