We won. Not the best win though.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm looking forward to baseball on WREK again this year. Such a slow game that it is perfect as background when doing other things.

Plus BeesBall is our best major varsity sport over the last twenty years by far.

A win is a win. How was the weather? Made it up to 60+ in Virginia today.

Mitch Matthews

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm looking forward to baseball on WREK again this year. Such a slow game that it is perfect as background when doing other things.

Plus BeesBall is our best major varsity sport over the last twenty years by far.

A win is a win. How was the weather? Made it up to 60+ in Virginia today.
I wasn't there.... I have no idea how the weather was lol

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am very curious to see how this team does. I think we are transitioning to more pitching and less power, with the changes in college baseball the last few years that makes more sense to me then the former approach (which always got beaten in post-season by good pitching!).

Not sure we have enough pitching just yet, but we have some freshman pitchers who should be interesting to watch to see if they develop.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Danny Hall trys to get the best pitchers and hitter/fielders every year. We agree that our pitching should be our strong suit this year, but we would probably be a ACC contender / top 20 with the last couple years hitting. {It is what it is.}

Here's this year's media guide that I'll read at some point during a game: {Thanks to beesball.com who has great tweets & links.} http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...3-14/misc_non_event/2014baseballguidefull.pdf

It will be fun to watch because we are usually relevant in baseball and only a couple of breaks away from good things -- like the 2012 ACC Championship!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am very curious to see how this team does. I think we are transitioning to more pitching and less power, with the changes in college baseball the last few years that makes more sense to me then the former approach (which always got beaten in post-season by good pitching!).

Not sure we have enough pitching just yet, but we have some freshman pitchers who should be interesting to watch to see if they develop.

You were right on about going to pitching in a way I didn't realize. We certainly have enough pitchers and it will be interesting to see how they develop.
"There are 20 players on the 34-man roster listed as pitchers first. It’s five more than in 2013 and eight more than in 2012 and, coach Danny Hall said, “more pitchers than we’ve ever had.”

This is perhaps as notable a facet of the roster as there is. After the 2012 season, Hall let go of pitching coach Tom Kinkelaar – Hall’s college roommate – and replaced him with Jason Howell, part of a new direction and emphasis on pitching." http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2014/02/15/8-things-to-know-about-tech-baseball/