We still announcing coaching staff today?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
someone said after bowl game.
Yes, after Temple’s Bowl Game on the 27th.
Leaking out: CGC said he would be coaching DB’s, who are going to be pressing coverage. Yomanser, informed us of Nathan Burton coaching Safeties.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Bank on thacker burton. I think hixon too right?

Offense. Gosh i hope we do it right.
Based on how quiet it’s been, I wouldn’t be surprised if Collins brings his OC from Temple. We haven’t even gotten leaks about candidates. Then again, this is the first offensive coordinator search I’ve paid attention to. Is it usually this quiet for offensive coordinator searches?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Gosh??? Gee wiz Wally I hope so, too! ;)

Seriously, suppose he brings his Temple OC?

Not a fan. Just not. He is kinda a copycat guy not a guru. Guru is guys like smart on d. Foster on d. Venebles. Holgerson. Briles. Etc. Fridge guys that are oc or dc nerds; lincoln kennedy etc. Then u have alot that run similar systems but are copycats vs true inventors or teachers. Like sark with the falcons. Or bobo was. Or pat nix here. Etc. hell even kevin sumelins teams just kinda copycat crap

I just think he ends up falling into the latter group than becoming one of the former group. Just my opinion. Could be totally wrong in 5 years and he may be the next oc to hc big name.

Jmonty71

Banned
I really think Collins needs an out of the box, thinking OC. I just don't want an OC, like the Falcons have... VERY predictable and boring. As for the DC, I really hope nothing changes. I would pray Collins is smart enough to hire a ST coach. Lord knows, our special teams has cost us a few games, the last few years. Without ST blunders, we make a bowl, last year. Without ST blunders, we'd made a much better bowl. Just saying... It's the biggest area we need improvement. IMO.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
My no-brainer projection for the day is that no matter who the new OC is, half the folks on here won't like it. All I can hope for is that no one starts a "fire CGC" campaign based on the announcement.
I'm going to wait and see if NtTomNtPhilCollins likes him that way I will know it's not the right person for the job.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Not a fan. Just not. He is kinda a copycat guy not a guru. Guru is guys like smart on d. Foster on d. Venebles. Holgerson. Briles. Etc. Fridge guys that are oc or dc nerds; lincoln kennedy etc. Then u have alot that run similar systems but are copycats vs true inventors or teachers. Like sark with the falcons. Or bobo was. Or pat nix here. Etc. hell even kevin sumelins teams just kinda copycat crap

I just think he ends up falling into the latter group than becoming one of the former group. Just my opinion. Could be totally wrong in 5 years and he may be the next oc to hc big name.

100% agree. We need an OC that can innovate to use the players they have and tweak the offense as needed to fix it. Unfortunately there are more copycats than true innovators and true innovators are hard to find.

I would not be opposed to bringing in an older OC nearing the end of their career as part of a longer transition. It kinda depends on the financial shape we are in after the other staff hires. If it is Dave P, I am good with that for the short term, but long term we need to be looking for a true innovator.