We can still win the Coastal

Read this in the AJC yesterday and the more I think about it, well it just might happen.

1. Tech must win it's next three games. Fact is we should beat UVA and Duke. Now Va Tech, well the game is home for us. It is big, and the fact is VA Tech is not exactly showing me much. Their best win was the first WVA. Since then three weak teams and the bottom of the ACC. Yes they beat BC, before BC learned that they need to just run the football. Clemson beat them much worse than our loss.

2. Cheer big for the Hokies to beat Miami this weekend. I think Miami has been playing with fire and that they lose. Then I think an improved Pitt can get them last game up there at cold Pitt.

3. If we beat Va Tech that gives them two ACC losses.

Now we have a three way tie in the Coastal. I didn't know this but here is how the tie breaker is solved.
Coastal losses. Well Miami would have 2 and we and Va Tech would have 1. Miami is out.

Then it goes head to head. Since we would have beaten Va Tech, we are the Champs
Could this all happen, yes. In 2014 we were out, then Duke dropped three in a row.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Read this in the AJC yesterday and the more I think about it, well it just might happen.

1. Tech must win it's next three games. Fact is we should beat UVA and Duke. Now Va Tech, well the game is home for us. It is big, and the fact is VA Tech is not exactly showing me much. Their best win was the first WVA. Since then three weak teams and the bottom of the ACC. Yes they beat BC, before BC learned that they need to just run the football. Clemson beat them much worse than our loss.

2. Cheer big for the Hokies to beat Miami this weekend. I think Miami has been playing with fire and that they lose. Then I think an improved Pitt can get them last game up there at cold Pitt.

Now we have a three way tie in the Coastal. I didn't know this but here is how the tie breaker is solved.
Coastal losses. Well Miami would have 2 and we and Va Tech would have 1. Miami is out.

Then it goes head to head. Since we would have beaten Va Tech, we are the Champs
Could this all happen, yes. In 2014 we were out, then Duke dropped three in a row.
https://gtswarm.com/threads/acc-discussion-2017.12657/page-35

It's been discussed here some. I do agree that if we beat VT we will have a good chance. It won't surprise me if Miami losses two.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I like Colorado more than JACK.
We are playing for pride and momentum going into end of season.
If it works out with coadtal that's sweet

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It will be Clemson. If NCST could not show up better against ND, it won't be the team we just faced. Maybe I will be proven wrong, but I seriously doubt it. I say Clem's Son 35 - NCSt 17.

I think our path to the Coastal is a big, big longshot, but I definitely think VPI will beat da U, but I just don't see da U losing another, but hope it happens....

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We'll be in the clubhouse at 6-2 after Duke weekend.

Friday after Thanksgiving we become HUGE Hokie and Pitt fans:
Va Tech at UVA
Miami at Pitt

We beat UGA on Saturday with knowledge of upcoming rematch with Clemson in Charlotte...
...easy breezy.

Last edited:

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I really think this will happen. I think VT beats Miami but has a letdown against us. All the computer projections have us beating UVA easily and a double digit favorite at Duke. I can see Miami ****ting the bed at Pitt to close the season in the cold Thanksgiving weekend.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Even if they lose two and we win out, they would go. We would both have two losses and they won H2H.
Not if VT had two losses. It would be a 3 way tie. Miami would automatically be out because both of their losses would be from costal teams. VT and GT would only have 1 costal and 1 Atlantic losses. Then it would come down to GT and VT for head to head which we would win.

Jmonty71

Banned

Forget about winning the Coastal. Just win and let it work itself out.

Deleted member 2897

If Miami wins the Coastal because of a double deflected ball on 4th and 11, I'll throw up in my mouth until it comes out of my nose.