" We are gonnna run the ball." Paul Johnson

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
At the very end of the call-in show, when Brandon was asking keys to the game, PJ said something close to "We're going to run the ball. Run the ball. I don't care who you tell, we are going to run the ball." He said it emphatically and sounded irritated. Ordinarily he avoids any clarity when people ask questions about offensive plans. Can anything be read into this, or is it more along the lines of "run the ball is what we do and we did it damned poorly last we and by Jehovah we are gonna get it right this week?"

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
I have heard him make similar statements in the past.

I kind of like the bravado. He is telling them exactly what we will do straight up, and daring them to stop it.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
He said "if they are listening, we are going to run the ball" - I think he was just tweaking his usual run the ball and stop the run comments.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Sounds to me like what he said after the 2013 season: "getting back to what we do" , which is establish the run first and foremost with our basic "6 plays" and throw when it is to our advantage...vintage CPJ.

At the very end of the call-in show, when Brandon was asking keys to the game, PJ said something close to "We're going to run the ball. Run the ball. I don't care who you tell, we are going to run the ball." He said it emphatically and sounded irritated. Ordinarily he avoids any clarity when people ask questions about offensive plans. Can anything be read into this, or is it more along the lines of "run the ball is what we do and we did it damned poorly last we and by Jehovah we are gonna get it right this week?"
Coachspeak for "we'll throw it 40 times Saturday!"

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
How about we just focus on moving the ball and if we can do it by running great. If it requires the forward pass I hope we're more ready to do that this week than last.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
How about we just focus on moving the ball and if we can do it by running great. If it requires the forward pass I hope we're more ready to do that this week than last.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 43

alaguy

Helluva Engineer

yep.
if we throw at a 33% this week,we will lose to dook also ,cause they are going to crowd the LOS--after last wks debacle,who wouldn't?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Its 11 vs 11.

Just because the defense loads the box does not mean we still cannot have numbers to one side.

Do we still need to be a threat throwing the ball at some point? Absolutely. We must.

All teams we face load the box. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not.

Bottom line. Whether teams load the box or not, we have to execute the play. You have to make your block.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Its 11 vs 11.

Just because the defense loads the box does not mean we still cannot have numbers to one side.

Do we still need to be a threat throwing the ball at some point? Absolutely. We must.

All teams we face load the box. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not.

Bottom line. Whether teams load the box or not, we have to execute the play. You have to make your block.
You have to get to your block before you can make it.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Its 11 vs 11.

Yet we ran to the short side of the field after lining up with only 1 WR on the weak side, no A back. We got killed every time.