#WCUvsGT Postgame Discussion

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Also want to add -

No offensive penalties is a pretty nice fix from last week.

FG unit needs to kick 1,000 kicks a day and run stadium steps for each miss.

I’m pleased with the defense other than the first two scores they had - we held them to 3 points in 3 quarters.

I’m also pleased with the running back room. 243 yards on 34 attempts is a nice 7.1 ypc and three guys hit pay dirt running it in.

We hit 3/4 in the red zone and scored 35 points in less than 20 minutes of TOP

FOR NEXT WEEK

I want to reduce our 3 and outs

I want to find more pressure and get to the QB

We can’t leave our defense on the field for 40 minutes
Midtown has hit upon the keys for next week. Giving Ole Miss more than one or two 3 and outs will get you killed. The defense can stop them but keeping the Rebel offense off the field is critical because they can score in a hurry and in bunches with that speed.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Wish we had looked a bit better.
I made a full career of being modestly successful while wishing I looked better.....

Episode 4 Wrestling GIF by Heels

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Marshall beat #8 Notre Dame today.
App State beat #6 Texas A&M
San Jose State is currently behind Auburn 24-13 (same-ish kinda spread we had)
Georgia Southern is leading Nebraska
Kentucky beat #12 Florida for the second year in a row.
Washington State beat #19 Wisconsin
Texas Tech beat #25 Houston

Epic beatdowns of underdogs are what we expect when we're favored. Some days, your job is to avoid the upset. We did.

Next week against Ole Miss is going to be hard. We have a lot to work on. For now, enjoy the win.
Could be worse...we could have paid all that money to those "players" at Florida, Notre Dame, and especially Texas A&M and end up being humiliated. Our team looked sluggish but perhaps, to be expected on a short week following a big game. The question is how much can we improve as a team between now and next Saturday? Controlling the ball and keeping it away from an Ole Miss offense that is loaded with playmakers is key.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Marshall beat #8 Notre Dame today.
App State beat #6 Texas A&M
San Jose State is currently behind Auburn 24-13 (same-ish kinda spread we had)
Georgia Southern is leading Nebraska
Kentucky beat #12 Florida for the second year in a row.
Washington State beat #19 Wisconsin
Texas Tech beat #25 Houston

Epic beatdowns of underdogs are what we expect when we're favored. Some days, your job is to avoid the upset. We did.

Next week against Ole Miss is going to be hard. We have a lot to work on. For now, enjoy the win.
Comparing any of those games to us not losing to Western Carolina is really apples and oranges.
Every one of those underdogs has 85 full scholarships to fill.
Western Carolina has 63. That's two full units. Now, they can kinda split some of those up among folks, like baseball does with its 11.3.
But they start out with a huge disadvantage just in scholarships alone. None of those other teams you mentioned did.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
They're still Division I.
FCS is Division I.
They're FCS.
FBS teams can't play Division II teams.
Great. I thought we played bad against an inferior team. I guess we would super dominate FCS. 😂

In all seriousness, I called FCS division 2 b/c I could not remember the abbreviation. My faux pas. They do get 63 schollies in FCS.

JacketFan137

Banned
Comparing any of those games to us not losing to Western Carolina is really apples and oranges.
Every one of those underdogs has 85 full scholarships to fill.
Western Carolina has 63. That's two full units. Now, they can kinda split some of those up among folks, like baseball does with its 11.3.
But they start out with a huge disadvantage just in scholarships alone. None of those other teams you mentioned did.
you’re right. texas anm and notre dames losses are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY worse