#WCUvsGT Postgame Discussion

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
So do you think we looked good tonight?
I think we looked like a much more talented team with little rest. With a lot to clean up. Not good. But the more talented team won. And a full week of film prep off of a win? I’ll take that all day.

I stand by weeks 3-4 are the barometer for us. But to act like the sky is falling cause we won or belittle cause we didn’t win good enough? Cmon man!

slugboy

Staff member
Marshall beat #8 Notre Dame today.
App State beat #6 Texas A&M
San Jose State is currently behind Auburn 24-13 (same-ish kinda spread we had)
Georgia Southern is leading Nebraska
Kentucky beat #12 Florida for the second year in a row.
Washington State beat #19 Wisconsin
Texas Tech beat #25 Houston

Epic beatdowns of underdogs are what we expect when we're favored. Some days, your job is to avoid the upset. We did.

Next week against Ole Miss is going to be hard. We have a lot to work on. For now, enjoy the win.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I think we looked like a much more talented team with little rest. With a lot to clean up. Not good. But the more talented team won. And a full week of film prep off of a win? I’ll take that all day.

I stand by weeks 3-4 are the barometer for us. But to act like the sky is falling cause we won or belittle cause we didn’t win good enough? Cmon man!

No one said the sky is falling. Glad we won. Wish we had looked a bit better.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
TOP for div 2 school 40 minutes...does not bode well
26 first downs for div 2 school....does not bode well
outgained by div 2 school....does not bode well

Can we depend on 4 turnovers, and also, will that be enough against div. 1 schools?
All that is true. They controlled the ball with the quick passes and managed to get 390 plus yards against a power 5 school which is impressive but the 4 turnovers and 10 TFL will get you beat no matter how much you move the ball between the twenties. We appear to have had most of our starters in the game in the fourth quarter which is not a good omen for the future. Ole Miss and UCF will largely determine the trajectory of this season.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
1662864848073.png

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
Looked uninspired for most of the game. Which is to be somewhat expected after the high of playing a top five team at the Benz… if it hadn’t been 11 months since our last win. We will know what kind of season we can expect after Ole Miss.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I watched the game on my computer! First time I've been able to get that to work.

Not a bad effort on D overall. We got two scores off turnovers and played pretty well between the tackles. Edge stuff still bothers us more then it should, however. And the tackling … meh.

On O, we have problems and I'm not sure why. Smith looked like he should have gotten 20 carries; why didn't he? Sims looked tentative, but he had enough time not to. I liked the option plays and counters. More of that, please. Take away the two scores off turnovers and the result is unsettling, but that shouldn't bother us that much. We did score off them anyway.

Looked a lot like a second game to me. But I don't know if people who are looking for wins in our next three watched any of those games. Ole Miss will be a handful if we play like that again.
Watching Ole Miss's game last week, the thing that really stood out about them is that they are loaded with speed on both sides of the ball. On the other hand, like a lot of teams, they did not really stand out in the trenches but Coach K , no not that one, can get his team to move the ball on anyone.