WCU game

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The key matchup is simply can our defense stop their offense. Sure, our offense struggled vs clemson but clemson's got the best front 4 in the country as of now. Sims was relativley accurate considering the defense he was up agaisnt and since WCU is not Clemson i'm sure sims will be fine. Worst case if it rains a lot we can just rely on the run. WCU won't stop our run like Clemson did.

Our defense should handle WCU, if they can stick with Clemson for 2.5 quarters they will be fine on Saturday.
Unless bad Sims shows up we are going to kill WCU. I just want to see out Defense to show improvement and continuity and no injuries. Bring on the mayhem.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Since it's ACCN "Xtra", it's not competing against any time slots. I don't think they'd move the game time, but if there's a game you COULD move, it's this one.

BROADCAST INFORMATION

Saturday’s television broadcast will be carried live on ACC Network Extra and ESPN+. There are two ways to watch (both on the ESPN app or watchespn.com):

1. ACC Network Extra – available on the ESPN app and watchespn.com. For viewers whose cable/digital/satellite provider carries ACC Network (there is no additional charge beyond cable/digital/satellite subscription to view content on ACC Network Extra).
  2. ESPN+ – available on the ESPN app and watchespn.com. For viewers whose cable/digital/satellite provider does not carry ACC Network (must have a separate ESPN+ subscription to view

Slugboy, how does watchespn.com know that my Dish package carries the ACC network?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm expecting something like last year's KSU game - 45-17, something like that. Of course that doesn't mean there still isn't a corner of my mind that is concerned about Saturday.
The key is pretty simple. Don't let Clemson beat you twice. Fortunately we came out healthy from Monday, though we will not have Thomas in the first half, so that might hurt the defense a little.
I'm expecting alot of points from our O in this game. They gave up 38 to another FCS team, so there is no reason for GT to not be in the 40's.

slugboy

Staff member
Slugboy, how does watchespn.com know that my Dish package carries the ACC network?

They make you connect to your carrier.

@Yaller Jacket , you'll get a web page in the app to login to your carrier. Test it today, because it may not work. If it doesn't, then you have to contact support. ESPN will say it's the carrier's fault, and the carrier will say it's ESPN's fault.

You don't want to try to solve that with 10 minutes until game time.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
An interesting tidbit on Charleston Southern.. These guys play real football. They BEAT Citadel (remember them? ) last yr. Also lost to uga 56-7. About the SAME as us (they actually scored a TD). So W.C beat them badly. ---This game is no rollover maybe..

JacketFan137

Banned
An interesting tidbit on Charleston Southern.. These guys play real football. They BEAT Citadel (remember them? ) last yr. Also lost to uga 56-7. About the SAME as us (they actually scored a TD). So W.C beat them badly. ---This game is no rollover maybe..

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
T Stan isn't big on rescheduling games cancelled for hurricanes, just ask UCF

Do we want to go to a bowl game this year?

Do we need this win game to get there?

Crazy to think we'd not do everything in our power to get this W. Then need 5 more. Without the game need 6 from the remaining 10 (or 9 if you recognize uGag is semi-pre like Clemson and we are a college team).

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who thinks we are just going to waltz into our own stadium and whip WC is not paying attention. Western Carolina is going to score points. Clemson did not throw the ball down the field because they didn’t need to and they didn’t trust their QB. That isn’t the case with WC. They are going to attack us up field and we have no idea if we can deal with that. Last year we obviously couldn’t. I’m hoping this year we can but we are going to be tested by a legit confident offense. Remember the UCF game? I’m expecting us to win, but I am putting nothing past our current head coach.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Doesn’t work that way. We will destroy WKU. We would destroy Charleston Southern and absolutely obliterate the Citadel. Losing to the Citadel 3 years ago was a fluke.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
Give it a rest. You have an entire offseason to criticize the coach. Now it’s time to cheer the entire team. You’ll have another opportunity later.
Adding on to his point. We need to cheer on the kids, because if they know he have their back they'll more likely stay. If we do fire collins then expect some players who liked him to transfer out. We need to show love to the players so they fall in love with Tech, and the fans here.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Give it a rest. You have an entire offseason to criticize the coach. Now it’s time to cheer the entire team. You’ll have another opportunity later.

We certainly need to cheer on the team. The head coach should not be above questioning if he makes poor/weird decisions. I think people are just concerned about Saturday due to our history the last three years. I hope we blow them out, but in the back of my mind there is a thought as to if we will do something stupid to keep it close.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Doesn’t work that way. We will destroy WKU. We would destroy Charleston Southern and absolutely obliterate the Citadel. Losing to the Citadel 3 years ago was a fluke.
Losing to citadel 3 years ago was because we didn't prepare for citadel and didn't have an alley player playing outside in and were tyign to scrape to the alley because they by his own admission just "practiced against our offince running options plays from the gun" Losing to NIU was a fluke.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Losing to The Citadel may have been a fluke, but when you pretty much say that you didn't prepare for the option offense you were facing and then make some bad calls during the game (calling time out just as we run a play to score the go ahead touchdown), you sort of get what you deserve. And when the HC continues to have questionable in game decisions, questions arise. If we'd beaten NIU, I don't think people would put as much on The Citadel game. Let's whip WCU on Saturday and try to put this question behind us.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Losing to citadel 3 years ago was because we didn't prepare for citadel and didn't have an alley player playing outside in and were tyign to scrape to the alley because they by his own admission just "practiced against our offince running options plays from the gun" Losing to NIU was a fluke.

NIU ran the ball right down our throats. To me that's opposite of a fluke.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Adding on to his point. We need to cheer on the kids, because if they know he have their back they'll more likely stay. If we do fire collins then expect some players who liked him to transfer out. We need to show love to the players so they fall in love with Tech, and the fans here.
My hope is Chip or Key get the job and a lot of guys decide to stay.