Way, way too early Heisman odds for next season

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
If he never struggles giving the chance for someone to take over the top spot, inertia might carry him, but I seriously doubt he's going to be clearly the best player. I'd put my bet on Tua 2:1 over him if they were starting from even.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If he never struggles giving the chance for someone to take over the top spot, inertia might carry him, but I seriously doubt he's going to be clearly the best player. I'd put my bet on Tua 2:1 over him if they were starting from even.

He was the best QB as a freshman imo so I think it’s likely he will be next year also. Injury is his biggest threat I think.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
He was the best QB as a freshman imo so I think it’s likely he will be next year also. Injury is his biggest threat I think.
He's lucky that hit he took against Syracuse didn't end his career. But I wish him the best (except against us of course). It's always cool to see guys from the state of Georgia do big things. Just as long as they don't do those big things in a dwag uniform.

slugboy

Staff member
Can you find a single stat other than their head to head matchup that favors Trevor over Tua?

I’d like to find an NCAA AV (average value) or WAR or plus minus stat. I think he’d do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Can you find a single stat other than their head to head matchup that favors Trevor over Tua?
Well the ESPN experts said it was him against the field so theirs that. If he begins number 1, and they win the ACC, he should be odds on favorite. Is it fair? No. But the Heisman race usually goes to a player on a very good team. I usually disagree with the results, but MSM and all that.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Well the ESPN experts said it was him against the field so theirs that. If he begins number 1, and they win the ACC, he should be odds on favorite. Is it fair? No. But the Heisman race usually goes to a player on a very good team. I usually disagree with the results, but MSM and all that.

Eyeball test.

This is what I'm saying. The Heisman was awarded before that game. Lawrence got... Drumroll.... 0 points! Even more, he was second on his own team with Etienne finishing 7th. Etienne is returning. Why isn't he the favorite? Because Lawrence had a good game, and he didn't. But it's clear from the voting that the whole of the data put Lawrence in second place on his own team through the whole season.

I'm not saying Trevor Lawrence doesn't deserve strong odds to win. He's effing good and expectable to get even better. But this overwhelming favorite status is too far.