Way too early...

Evan33

Georgia Tech Fan
If Nate Woody has a stellar year, do you see Tech losing him to a “bigger” school? One has to wonder. IMO, he’s waiting in the wings for the day Paul calls it quits or loses his job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Not to early, if Nate has stellar season and turns Tech's defense into powerhouse, good chance we lose him.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I'll bite. Nate does not seem like that kind of a person to jump that fast. But you also have to pay to play. CPJ has been desperate of a good DC since he got here. If CNW turns out to be the real deal, than Tech and the fans need to do what ever it takes to keep him. I would step up specifically to keep him and any key staff members.

Evan33

Georgia Tech Fan
I'll bite. Nate does not seem like that kind of a person to jump that fast. But you also have to pay to play. CPJ has been desperate of a good DC since he got here. If CNW turns out to be the real deal, than Tech and the fans need to do what ever it takes to keep him. I would step up specifically to keep him and any key staff members.

I agree... part of this thread just stems from me being overly excited with what I saw today, although I realize who we were playing, the changes from last year to this year defensively are eye popping.

Evan33

Georgia Tech Fan
If our D has a “stellar” year, which I’m not predicting, that means we’ve probably won a crap load of games and I’ll live with whatever that may bring coaching wise.

What do you define as crap load of games? 9 wins seem stellar with a first year DC to me.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’ll play. Nate’s D gets us a top 25 type D over the next few years and PJ hangs it up maybe NW takes over and brings on or retains someone on O to be the OC and we run a little more variations of the option.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’ll play. Nate’s D gets us a top 25 type D over the next few years and PJ hangs it up maybe NW takes over and brings on or retains someone on O to be the OC and we run a little more variations of the option.
I don't know him and this may not apply to him but some coordinators don't want to be a head coach. I could have missed it but has he done any interviews while here other than the first one when they introduced him ?

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Nate Woody has already turned down other "higher profile" DC jobs in the past. It seemed like the reason he came to GT was because of his history with CPJ and his belief in his offensive system. I don't imagine him jumping to a new program after this season since it took so much to lure him away from App State. But, again, it's way too early. We had a big shutout (against Syracuse) in Ted Roof's initial season as well.