Way too early starting lineups

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I know it's way too early for this..but I got some free time to burn along with perhaps a little wishful thinking. Who do you guys think will be starting for us next year? Several positions are set I think..many will be open for competition. Here is my early stab at a guess.

Offense:

WR-Darren Waller T-Braun G-Devine C-Burden G-Mason T-Griffen WR-Smelter
AB-Days QB-JT AB-Hill
BB-Custis
WR 2s (Autry n Summers)
AB 2s (Andrews,Perkins, Snoddy)
BB2s (Laskey, Snoddy)

Defense: SS-IJ FS-Golden
OLB-Davis ILB-JHD OLB-Nealy
CB-Griffen DE-Gamble DT-Gotsis DT-Kallon DE-Whitehead CB-D.Hill
(too lazy to post more subs)

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I like it. A couple spots I disagree with you on begins at WR. I believe that a healthy Anthony Autry will unseat Darren Waller as the starter there. I love the way you have the line set up. I'm not sure if you intended it to go from LT across the line to RT, but if that is the case, I would swap Braun and Griffin. In the offensive backfield, I don't see a way, other than injury, that anyone but Laskey is the starter at BB. It is entirely possible that Custis unseats him by the end of the season, but for the time being I will say Laskey. On defense, I agree with most of what you have here. I'm running under the assumption that the Griffin you have at CB is Corey Griffin (correct me if I'm wrong), but IIRC Griffin came in as a S. I feel like that spot could go to Chris Milton or Domonique Noble or possibly even Step Durham. All of this to say, just get the best players on the field.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's my "what I want to see" line up

WR - Autry / smelter
AB - Hill / days (based more on blocking)
OT - griffin
OG - Mason
C - Burden (even though I think Marshall the freshmen is here sooner than later)
OG - Devine
OT - Braun ( i know he's a guard but putting the best 5 OL out there)
BB - custis/leggett (I like my boy laskey but i would like to see this position go to the next level)
QB - Thomas

SDE - gamble
DT - gostis
DT - commissiong
WDE - whitehead (also A. Simmons)
OLB - Davis
MLB - Harrell / Hankins ( I think both guys are better than JHD, which I hate because I had such high hopes for him)
OLB - Nealy (he's solid but we may have some better players who are young right now)
CB - dj white
SS - Lynn griffin (never been a big fan of I. Johnson, too many flaws in his game)
FS - golden
CB - Durham

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I know it's way too early for this..but I got some free time to burn along with perhaps a little wishful thinking. Who do you guys think will be starting for us next year? Several positions are set I think..many will be open for competition. Here is my early stab at a guess.

Offense:

WR-Darren Waller T-Braun G-Devine C-Burden G-Mason T-Griffen WR-Smelter
AB-Days QB-JT AB-Hill
BB-Custis
WR 2s (Autry n Summers)
AB 2s (Andrews,Perkins, Snoddy)
BB2s (Laskey, Snoddy)

Defense: SS-IJ FS-Golden
OLB-Davis ILB-JHD OLB-Nealy
CB-Griffen DE-Gamble DT-Gotsis DT-Kallon DE-Whitehead CB-D.Hill
(too lazy to post more subs)

Snoddy back to AB this year.

DallasBuzzFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Here is what I have. It would be great if someone (M Autry & Whitehead Maybe) has an immediate impact.

5 Justin Thomas QB SO*............. 92 Adam Gotsis DT JR
3 Dennis Andrews AB SO*........... 91 Pat Gamble DE SO*
10 Synjyn Days AB SR........... 92 Francis Kallon DT SO*
36 Travis Custis BB SO............ 41 Roderick Chungong DE SO*
58 Freddie Burden C SO*........... 54 Quayshawn Nealy WLB SR*
70 Shaquille Mason RG SR.......... 32 Jabari Hunt-Days MLB JR*
71 Shamire DeVine LG SO.......... 51 Anthony Harrell SLB SR*
73 Chris Griffin OL SO.......... 1 Isaiah Johnson S SR
78 Trey Braun OG JR*.......... 4 Jamal Golden S SR
15 DeAndre Smelter WR SR.......... 23 Domonique Noble CB JR*
80 Anthony Autry WR JR.......... 28 D.J. White CB JR

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Here is what I have. It would be great if someone (M Autry & Whitehead Maybe) has an immediate impact.

5 Justin Thomas QB SO*............. 92 Adam Gotsis DT JR
3 Dennis Andrews AB SO*........... 91 Pat Gamble DE SO*
10 Synjyn Days AB SR........... 92 Francis Kallon DT SO*
36 Travis Custis BB SO............ 41 Roderick Chungong DE SO*
58 Freddie Burden C SO*........... 54 Quayshawn Nealy WLB SR*
70 Shaquille Mason RG SR.......... 32 Jabari Hunt-Days MLB JR*
71 Shamire DeVine LG SO.......... 51 Anthony Harrell SLB SR*
73 Chris Griffin OL SO.......... 1 Isaiah Johnson S SR
78 Trey Braun OG JR*.......... 4 Jamal Golden S SR
15 DeAndre Smelter WR SR.......... 23 Domonique Noble CB JR*
80 Anthony Autry WR JR.......... 28 D.J. White CB JR
Custis - True Freshman
Devine - RS Freshman
C. Griffin - RS Freshman

DallasBuzzFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Custis - True Freshman
Devine - RS Freshman
C. Griffin - RS Freshman
Hey... It's all a guess at this point. I believe that all three are as good or better than the kids in front of them. I really like Laskey and his effort by the way. But, If the young guys are as goo or better, they need to play. Can't be afraid to play young talented kids. (Jameis Winston was a RS Freshman :)) Besides that, we were 7-6 last year we need to upgrade somewhere. I'm hoping these are it along with the QB.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like it. A couple spots I disagree with you on begins at WR. I believe that a healthy Anthony Autry will unseat Darren Waller as the starter there. I love the way you have the line set up. I'm not sure if you intended it to go from LT across the line to RT, but if that is the case, I would swap Braun and Griffin. In the offensive backfield, I don't see a way, other than injury, that anyone but Laskey is the starter at BB. It is entirely possible that Custis unseats him by the end of the season, but for the time being I will say Laskey. On defense, I agree with most of what you have here. I'm running under the assumption that the Griffin you have at CB is Corey Griffin (correct me if I'm wrong), but IIRC Griffin came in as a S. I feel like that spot could go to Chris Milton or Domonique Noble or possibly even Step Durham. All of this to say, just get the best players on the field.

Waller was a starter over Autry in 2012, and Autry was put into the rotation because Jeff Greene decided he didn't want to listen to our coaches anymore. Waller will be a Senior with over two years of starting exprience while Autry, though very promising from his 2012 campaign, will be coming off an injury year. That's just not CPJ's MO to sit a startin SR who has contributed for an underclassman, especially one coming off an injury.

Autry will definitely be a nice piece at the WR position. Smelter, Waller, Summers, Autry, Jeune will probably be the strongest set of WRs we've had from top to bottom since CPJ has been here.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hey... It's all a guess at this point. I believe that all three are as good or better than the kids in front of them. I really like Laskey and his effort by the way. But, If the young guys are as goo or better, they need to play. Can't be afraid to play young talented kids. (Jameis Winston was a RS Freshman :)) Besides that, we were 7-6 last year we need to upgrade somewhere. I'm hoping these are it along with the QB.
I like all three to potentially start. My comment wasn't that I thought they were too young to project as starters, just that they were freshmen, not sophomores, as you listed. I think Griffin has the best chance to start immediately, based on what I've heard from people that seem to know. The other two will compete immediately and may end up starting, if they don't begin that way.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
- Laskey will start at BB. He's too experienced and he's effective at every phase of the game.
- Waller/Smelter at WR but we suddenly have several options at WR that look good.
- ABs seem like a toss-up between Bostic, Days, Hill, Andrews
- Gotsis/Gamble has me exctited at DT
- DE is horrifying. Our top 4 are gone from last year. Praying Whitehead is good enough to be a starter and difference maker.
- JHD starting - Davis being a more than capable backup.
- Nealy/Hankins at OLB.
- Noble/White at CB - alittle concerned about depth here. Durham will probably play right away.
- Milton/Golden at S should be solid.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I really like Bostic when we're passing. I've never been terribly impressed with his running. He seems to get caught behind the LOS often. Not really sure why that happens. I think he's weapon as a slot receiver and, with enough exposure, could project to the next level. Now before everyone jumps on me for that, based on what I've seen, he has a knack for getting open and has pretty good hands. He's smallish and quick, with good but not great speed. If he's tough enough, I could see him in a Decker/Welker role at the next level. I don't think he'll ever be a true "running" back in our system (a la Orwin, Roddy, Robby).

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Waller was a starter over Autry in 2012, and Autry was put into the rotation because Jeff Greene decided he didn't want to listen to our coaches anymore. Waller will be a Senior with over two years of starting exprience while Autry, though very promising from his 2012 campaign, will be coming off an injury year. That's just not CPJ's MO to sit a startin SR who has contributed for an underclassman, especially one coming off an injury.

Autry will definitely be a nice piece at the WR position. Smelter, Waller, Summers, Autry, Jeune will probably be the strongest set of WRs we've had from top to bottom since CPJ has been here.
Not trying to start an argument, but why did you not use the same logic at B-back? All the same will apply to Laskey (minus the starting experience, but even so he led our team in rushing two years ago)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not trying to start an argument, but why did you not use the same logic at B-back? All the same will apply to Laskey (minus the starting experience, but even so he led our team in rushing two years ago)

Not sure what you mean.

I think Laskey is very underated, and will be a solid starter. His backup, will be a true "redshirt" freshmen, Custis. Custis has loads of potential, but I don't see him starting over Custis. Snoddy is going to get time at AB, so he's not really 100% BB. Leggett is TBD and can play AB or BB according to the head chef.

I think BB is pretty thin right now in terms of experience. Tons of potential, but we have to remember our staff likes our BBs to do more than take a handoff. With the news that Snoddy is going to split time at AB, wouldn't surprise me to see Donovan Wilson move over. For the guys that want the Kyle Eckel type BB, Donovan may eventually be that guy. Big body type guy that can absorb and dish out hits. Loved his HS film...and thought it translated really well for what our BBs do.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
"I think Laskey is very underated, and will be a solid starter. His backup, will be a true "redshirt" freshmen, Custis. Custis has loads of potential, but I don't see him starting over Custis."

say what? You say Laskey a "solid starter" then say you don't "see him starting over Custis"

Also Wilson listed at 6' 215 and he's a big body yet Laskey is 6'2 215 and he's not? Just curious.