Way too early forecasts

slugboy

Staff member
Athlon puts our roster in the middle, a hair above average for the ACC: https://athlonsports.com/college-football/acc-football-ranking-rosters-2022. We're 7th out of 14 teams, with Clemson, Miami, UNC, and FSU up at the top.

They say nice things in the paragraph--each team gets one long paragraph--but they have us 6th out of 7 in the Coastal (ahead of Duke). They do not predict a record for any team, but my guess is 6th in the Coastal is "no bowl" territory.

Short summary: Pitt, Wake, and UVA got worse at recruiting, but should still be up towards the top of the conference. Clemson and Miami should be really good, and Clemson should be the favorite. UNC keeps recruiting really well, but it's not translating to the field.

The writers seemed underwhelmed with this assignment.

If we can find a thread to merge this into, I'll merge it.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Athlon puts our roster in the middle, a hair above average for the ACC: https://athlonsports.com/college-football/acc-football-ranking-rosters-2022. We're 7th out of 14 teams, with Clemson, Miami, UNC, and FSU up at the top.

They say nice things in the paragraph--each team gets one long paragraph--but they have us 6th out of 7 in the Coastal (ahead of Duke). They do not predict a record for any team, but my guess is 6th in the Coastal is "no bowl" territory.

Short summary: Pitt, Wake, and UVA got worse at recruiting, but should still be up towards the top of the conference. Clemson and Miami should be really good, and Clemson should be the favorite. UNC keeps recruiting really well, but it's not translating to the field.

I suppose it was as nice as they could be... it’s been bad for a while, last year was still bad, but most everyone is back, so it has to be better....right?

I hope it has to be better!

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for sharing but they really don’t add any significant insight to what we already know about GT football.
Yup... I think we can merge into RIP Johnny Fever thread.

Sorry, I’m not angry or unappreciative. I have a strange sense of humor and maybe a borderline personally disorder. I take nothing seriously. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I suppose it was as nice as they could be... it’s been bad for a while, last year was still bad, but most everyone is back, so it has to be better....right?

I hope it has to be better!
So, it might be the least bad so far?

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Being a medical guy, my prognosis in the "patient's" chart would be guarded ( translation- not very good ). The program under CGC is on life support with a weak pulse and shallow respirations. TStan brought in the Defibrillator ( new hires ) to shock the "patient". If there is no increase in signs of life (5+wins, IMO) by the end of November 2022, TStan needs to pull the plug to save his own "life".

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

The ACC is college football's rough equivalent to a "Lake Woebegone" effect where everyone, except maybe Duke, is just about average or a "hair above". "Pitt, Wake, and UVA got worse at recruiting but should still be up towards the top of the conference." Funny, how good coaching affects things like that...up to a point.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

4-8 same old story

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
The bad thing about that is it doesn't take into account strength of schedule (brutal) and coaching (also brutal - until shown not to be brutal. But as long as the same guy sits atop the organization, I'm going to the default setting of brutal).