1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Watkins vs Thomas

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by gtg936g, Nov 8, 2013.

1. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

I do not know how Roof is going play against Clemson, but I would be tempted to let Thomas man up on Watkins. I think Thomas can shut him down, and free up a blitzer.

Em_Jae20 and bat_082994 like this.
  2. JazzyD95

JazzyD95 Helluva Engineer

T
    I love Thomas, but let's be realistic. There are not many people in college or NFL who can man up on Sammy Watkins the entire game.

3. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Right about that.

But I'm sure Thomas would win his battles too...and there is not another player in the country I would want on my side going up against Watkins than Thomas.

I know Thomas love the competition as well...he won't be scared.

Em_Jae20 and gtg936g like this.
  4. gtdrew

gtdrew Banned

Have a safety over the top...roll coverage to that side. Lots of things you can do, but I have a lot of questions about Clemson's o line and their ability to block for Boyd. I'd think about having a random defender "spy" Boyd, particularly on third down. Lots of Nealy doing that. Keep him from improvising for a first down.

5. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

This is going to be a fun match up to watch. Like Eric said Jamea ain't skeerert :ROFLMAO:

6. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

If we could get a pick early I think Boyd would be scared to challenge Thomas a lot during the game, effectively taking one of the beat players on the field out of the game. Clemson has a lot of talent. I do not think anyone would argue that point, but I think their D feeds off their offense. If we can win the turn over battle I think we can get the W.

7. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

I think Jemea matched-up with Sammy last year. Only GT (7), SC (9.25), and FSU (4) held him under 10yds/catch.