Watkins vs Thomas

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
T
I do not know how Roof is going play against Clemson, but I would be tempted to let Thomas man up on Watkins. I think Thomas can shut him down, and free up a blitzer.
I love Thomas, but let's be realistic. There are not many people in college or NFL who can man up on Sammy Watkins the entire game.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
T

I love Thomas, but let's be realistic. There are not many people in college or NFL who can man up on Sammy Watkins the entire game.

Right about that.

But I'm sure Thomas would win his battles too...and there is not another player in the country I would want on my side going up against Watkins than Thomas.

I know Thomas love the competition as well...he won't be scared.

gtdrew

Banned
Have a safety over the top...roll coverage to that side. Lots of things you can do, but I have a lot of questions about Clemson's o line and their ability to block for Boyd. I'd think about having a random defender "spy" Boyd, particularly on third down. Lots of Nealy doing that. Keep him from improvising for a first down.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
If we could get a pick early I think Boyd would be scared to challenge Thomas a lot during the game, effectively taking one of the beat players on the field out of the game. Clemson has a lot of talent. I do not think anyone would argue that point, but I think their D feeds off their offense. If we can win the turn over battle I think we can get the W.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think Jemea matched-up with Sammy last year. Only GT (7), SC (9.25), and FSU (4) held him under 10yds/catch.