Watching games this year

Doddjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
As always I am looking forward to football season. As a longtime Tech fan, my sports season is Ga Tech football and basketball. I live in Chattanooga.

Any feedback on accessing games this year. At 73 and some health issues I will have watch on tv and/or online.

I am internet Roku only and PC, no cable. In the past regional coverage seem to cover most Tech games.

ESPN, ESPN+, ACC network, etc...

I am hopeful for "turn around" with our team this year.

GO. Jackets

JacketFan137

Banned
barring blackouts i think we should play every game on espn, espn+, acc network so you should be good if you have some kind of access to those services

MidtownJacket

Staff member
As always I am looking forward to football season. As a longtime Tech fan, my sports season is Ga Tech football and basketball. I live in Chattanooga.

Any feedback on accessing games this year. At 73 and some health issues I will have watch on tv and/or online.

I am internet Roku only and PC, no cable. In the past regional coverage seem to cover most Tech games.

ESPN, ESPN+, ACC network, etc...

I am hopeful for "turn around" with our team this year.

GO. Jackets
Am with you on your sports season timing. I don’t have much interest in pro sports but love GT athletics, Olympics and even World Cup (rugby or soccer).

We are looking at switching off Hulu + Live TV so as I look at the options I’ll check out Chattanooga footprint too and let you know if I see anything interesting.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I had some luck the last 2 seasons finding live streams of games on youtube. If you're up for searching reddit, there's usually someone that posts links.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
With the season quickly approaching, I’m looking to add a live streaming service to watch the games. Previously I did YoutubeTV, which was great, but they dropped Bally sports so I had to find other ways to watch those games. I’ve not kept up with the latest media deals between channels and providers, so does anyone know which services will show all of our games?

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Unless something has changed, the only way to get both ACC Network and Bally Sports is through one of the more traditional cable providers Xfinity, ATT Uverse, or Dish.

Another way to do it is to use your streaming service for ACC Network and borrow someone's login for one of those solely to watch the Bally sports games via the Bally app on a smart device that you can link with your TV.

I thought that Bally was supposed to start offering a monthly price for their app (without needing a TV login), but I don't think that has happened yet. Seems like a missed opportunity for them.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Unless something has changed, the only way to get both ACC Network and Bally Sports is through one of the more traditional cable providers Xfinity, ATT Uverse, or Dish.

Another way to do it is to use your streaming service for ACC Network and borrow someone's login for one of those solely to watch the Bally sports games via the Bally app on a smart device that you can link with your TV.

I thought that Bally was supposed to start offering a monthly price for their app (without needing a TV login), but I don't think that has happened yet. Seems like a missed opportunity for them.
I tried to do something similar last year. I got my parent's dish login, however, those Bally sports games were blacked out in my area for some reason. Dad could watch the game at his house but I couldn't watch it at mine with the same login.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I moved to directv stream from youtube TV to get Braves games, and hopefully more Tech games as well.
If this needs to be a PM just let me know, but what package do you have? I live in deep south Georgia and from what I could tell, directv stream will show bally sports south and southeast. My only fear is that based on my location, I'll get games from Florida (the state not the school) taking precedent over Tech games. I have Hulu+live at the moment, but I got screwed last year by not getting the local tv games.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
If this needs to be a PM just let me know, but what package do you have? I live in deep south Georgia and from what I could tell, directv stream will show bally sports south and southeast. My only fear is that based on my location, I'll get games from Florida (the state not the school) taking precedent over Tech games. I have Hulu+live at the moment, but I got screwed last year by not getting the local tv games.
I live in North Alabama, and it does seem to be regional, but I'm not sure how many Tech games would come on Bally anyway. I was having a really hard time getting Braves games, which is the main reason I swapped over. I paid for MLB TV last year only to realize every braves game was blacked out, even though I'm 3.5 hours from Atlanta. With this DIRECTV Stream package (Choice package) I get Bally Sports South and Southeast (two separate channels). That package also has ACCN. I pay for ESPN+ as well, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get every game with that set up.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I discovered last season that the games will often show up as a live stream on Youtube as the game starts. I found them by just searching "Georgia Tech vs [opponent] live stream" or something like that