Watch ESPN App Sucks

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The app on fire stick is crazy...once you pick a game, it doesn't have any way to go back and switch games without exiting the app and re-opening it. Also, really annoyed with the blackouts I'm getting with my PSVue subscription. I couldn't even watch the game on my local cbs station for some reason. What the hell?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
So, I had a ton of issues on my computer as well. I assume it is just a service scaling issue and will hopefully be remedied in later weeks. For those experiencing issues, try googling "reddit cfb streams". There is generally a thread for every active game and for big games usually some really good quality. I struggled getting he Michigan game to load for about 30 minutes. I got a stream from Reddit in less than 45 seconds.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I've never had trouble with it using my chromecast or firetv. I hope you guys get it figured out.

My only problem yesterday was that it kept stalling giving the circle of reloading. I assumed that this thread arose because others were having the same problem.

LibertyTurns

Banned
First week of the season the ESPN app ALWAYS sucks balls. It's like they never had this happen to them before but by week 2 they get it up and running ok. It really isn't intended to get GT fans to jump off the cliff it's just institutional incompetence.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I typically use it on my iPad and oftentimes have problems; having to shut the app down and restart it to just to catch back up to what's going on in the game I'm trying to watch because it freezes up.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
i use fire tv.....

for those of you who dont know. not only can you get espn etc on sling but you can also d/l watch espn as a stand alone app.

when i tried to watch ncst vs sc one of the options was blacked out in my area. the other option was not blacked out. i also dl'd ACCdg and channel wtoc 11. im assuming its a local atlanta channel that shows tech games. the app came up when i did a gt search.

unless you have multiple tvs etc i guess the days of channel flipping are over. by the time you get the connection the dad gum play is over with.

im wondering if i can
still use a vpn to fool watchespn into thinking im elsewhere and lift the blackouts like i did in the past. i may have to use a display adapter instead of fire tv.

before i got my fire tv i bought a display adapter which allows me to stream multiple streams from my pc. maybe i can use this with a vpn somehow to by pass blackouts.

no clue at this point.