Was our staff this big before?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Possibly. The only thing we know for sure is how NOT to bring in multiple 5*s a year: Do what we did for the past 11 years! :LOL:
Doing that godawful, shoulder-shrugging IIWII approach is a recipe for mediocrity.
No. It's more like do what we've done for the past 130 years. Since we've never brought in a single 5* player, let alone multiple 5* players. We were closer to signing two 5* players under Coach Johnson than we ever were under Gailey or previous coaches. If not for an under-aged recruit, Johnson would have the only 5* player in Tech history. Stop trying to build up CGC by crapping on the previous regime.

Animal02

Banned
No. It's more like do what we've done for the past 130 years. Since we've never brought in a single 5* player, let alone multiple 5* players. We were closer to signing two 5* players under Coach Johnson than we ever were under Gailey or previous coaches. If not for an under-aged recruit, Johnson would have the only 5* player in Tech history. Stop trying to build up CGC by crapping on the previous regime.
They have a narrative to maintain. :rolleyes:
Sorry @Milwaukee to make you start drinking so early. :D

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Not trying to get in the middle of whatever argument this is but what does close to signing 2 5 stars mean?

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

So 5-star recruit Calvin Johnson wasn't a Yellow Jacket? It's like we didn't even play football before CPJ's arrival to some of you :rolleyes: We also won a national championship without CPJ as coach! And had a Heisman Trophy candidate too!

The previous coach (regime?) had some admirable moments and great victories but recruiting wasn't a strong point. I'm not going to apologize for having optimism that recruiting may improve now that we have a new Coach who appears to be better at it.

Stop falling all over yourself to protect CPJ. His record and accomplishments here speaks for itself.

Milwaukee

Banned
So 5-star recruit Calvin Johnson wasn't a Yellow Jacket? It's like we didn't even play football before CPJ's arrival to some of you :rolleyes: We also won a national championship without CPJ as coach! And had a Heisman Trophy candidate too!

The previous coach (regime?) had some admirable moments and great victories but recruiting wasn't a strong point. I'm not going to apologize for having optimism that recruiting may improve now that we have a new Coach who appears to be better at it.

Stop falling all over yourself to protect CPJ. His record and accomplishments here speaks for itself.

Calvin wasn't a 5*. Most Tech fans know this.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just telling you you're 100% wrong about Calvin signing as a 5* prospect.

no idea what I'm talking about? I simply asked for proof that Megatron's recruit rank changed from 4-stars to 5-stars after he left. That seems to only happen when the mutts poach guys from us.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm not going to look it up since I already know it to be fact. Not trying to be snarky, but I followed his recruiting closely, and 2 services changed him from 4 to 5 after he left GT. He signed and was recruited as a 4. I don't know what you're talking about when you mention pooping on coaches and what not. What in the hell are you even talking about?