Waller Preps for the Combine

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2015/01/21/after-strong-shrine-game-waller-preps-for-combine/

Here's a stat for recruits: 100% of our starting WRs were invited to the combine this year*, but sure go to (insert SEC school here) if that's what you want. I'm sure you'll get a lot more coverage being compared to someone not named Calvin Johnson or Demaryius Thomas.

Waller is obviously a product of Smelters injury and a fair amount of hard work, hope it works out for him. The article says Smelter will only interview there, but he could compete in the Bench Press right? Could help his draft stock...

*I know Waller wasn't a starter at the beginning of the season and Smelter wasn't at the end of the season but still...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks for the link.

I'm really hoping Waller and Smelter do well in the draft and NFL. They have the talent, just need the opportunities.

"“When (cornerbacks) did press coverage and things like that, just bringing that physical mindset that we had at Tech (helped),” Waller said. “When somebody gets in your face, you’ve just got to beat them.”"

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The article only mentions the wideouts, but does anyone else have a combine invite? I'm thinking Shaq, Days, Nealy, or Isaiah should absolutely be invited.