Waller and Henry suspended for week 1

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Per CPJ.

2. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

Good lord, what is going on???????

3. Longestday

Longestday Helluva Engineer Featured Member

What!!!!!

4. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

From Dean Buchan:
    Was wondering why the latest depth chart had Smelter as #2 WR:
    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...depth_chart_event/depth_chart_20130529aaa.pdf

5. SoCal_GT_Fan

SoCal_GT_Fan Ramblin' Wreck

Smh. Only opens up the door more for Smelter, Dennis, and Summers to snatch up those starting spots (although it seems that Summers already had one of the starting spots). Here's hoping that those 3 take this opportunity and do some good things this coming Saturday.

Its more of a setback for Henry since he doesn't have any game-reps. At least Waller has game reps.

6. Longestday

Longestday Helluva Engineer Featured Member

I want to see Waller and Henry come back and play strong for Duke. I am however always pulling for the underdog and want to see Jamie have one hell of a game against Elon!

7. Jn4heisman

Jn4heisman Jolly Good Fellow

Anyone know why?

8. GTJason

GTJason Helluva Engineer

I don't think there's an easier way to fall down the depth chart than allowing your competition to have a breakout game by not being able to play for something stupid. What if Smelter and Summers have 100+ yard games against Elon (which isn't out of the question?) Does Waller keep his starting spot?

9. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

Has anyone besides Bebe and Hill done a 100 yard receiving receiving game? How many times each?

Looked Hill up, had nearly 200 yards against West Carolina. 3 100+ yard games in 2012.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  10. SoCal_GT_Fan

Orwin Smith had 2 rec for 108 yards and 5 carries for 157 yards against Kansas in 2011.

11. cyptomcat

Yeah, I meant WRs.

12. SoCal_GT_Fan

Then its a negative. I believe that Bebe, Hill, Peeples and Smith are the only ones with 100+ yds receiving. Jeff Greene came within 6 yards of joining that club when he went 3 rec 94 yards against Presbyterian.

13. cyptomcat

so I think if one of our WRs got 100+ yards, it would probably mean he stepped up and we trusted him quite a bit to get 100+. Let's see what happens.

14. GTJason

GTJason Helluva Engineer

None of our WRs has ever had a passing QB throwing them the ball either, and while I believe CPJ will keep the play calling pretty conservative you have to believe our QB group will air it out a little more. Also with the way our receivers get yards 2 WRs could be over 100 yards on 4 passing plays. Either way Waller is leaving the door open to lose his starting spot

15. GTrob21

GTrob21 Helluva Engineer

My new prediction.. Smelter or Summers will join that list after the Elon game. One of them will have 100 yards...

16. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

I say they both do.

17. gt13

gt13 Ramblin' Wreck

I'm honestly surprised we don't have more players with 100 yards receiving. The way our offense works, you need about 3 or 4 catches to get there. I wouldn't be surprised if our first offensive play was Vad-Smelter for a ~70 yard touchdown. Book it.

18. cyptomcat

I would be since Smelter is not starting and will come on later.

19. gt13

gt13 Ramblin' Wreck

Smelter, Summers, same difference. newReceiver1 ;) my mistake

20. texasjacket

texasjacket Ramblin' Wreck

Bring on Smelter, his time to shine and lock up that starting position