Wake fans?

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
so I was down for the ACCCG. first off, wake fans bought a LOT of tickets on the wrong side of the stadium. they were littered all over our side of the field. and it's not as if their side was full. are they dumb or something? why would you do that? we had more fans and our seats were more expensive on secondary markets.

i had a very nice older gentleman and his middle-aged son behind us. they were great and I had no problem with the few around us. but EVERYONE I know said the wake fans were starting fights, etc. one guy took a pictures of a wake fan in front of him checking his stocks every 5 minutes. ????

they booed our players getting hurt. this was when we were WELL ahead - why in the world would we want to slow the clock? really lame. our one player (kancey) has a lengthy history of injuries and he was trying to tough it out and went down a couple of times.

you'll never meet a more self-deprecating fan base than us. we know pain that others should not. and when you're a WF, we expect you to be a little bit of brethren in that. we get excited for 8-4 season for god's sakes. I'm not putting WF down but come on - you gotta know you're place (I'm not saying we're any better - I'm saying they gotta know that neither of us will ever be Alabama and have a laugh about it).

perhaps it's us. I don't know but you guys played them in the same game. are we wrong?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
so I was down for the ACCCG. first off, wake fans bought a LOT of tickets on the wrong side of the stadium. they were littered all over our side of the field. and it's not as if their side was full. are they dumb or something? why would you do that? we had more fans and our seats were more expensive on secondary markets.

i had a very nice older gentleman and his middle-aged son behind us. they were great and I had no problem with the few around us. but EVERYONE I know said the wake fans were starting fights, etc. one guy took a pictures of a wake fan in front of him checking his stocks every 5 minutes. ????

they booed our players getting hurt. this was when we were WELL ahead - why in the world would we want to slow the clock? really lame. our one player (kancey) has a lengthy history of injuries and he was trying to tough it out and went down a couple of times.

you'll never meet a more self-deprecating fan base than us. we know pain that others should not. and when you're a WF, we expect you to be a little bit of brethren in that. we get excited for 8-4 season for god's sakes. I'm not putting WF down but come on - you gotta know you're place (I'm not saying we're any better - I'm saying they gotta know that neither of us will ever be Alabama and have a laugh about it).

perhaps it's us. I don't know but you guys played them in the same game. are we wrong?

Wake does the same thing when they play at bobby dodd too. Was a the wake game in 2017 and they literally had fans buyign tickets behind our bench it was strange.

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
Wake does the same thing when they play at bobby dodd too. Was a the wake game in 2017 and they literally had fans buyign tickets behind our bench it was strange.

full disclosure that there was on idiot on our board who bought tickets on the wake side, complaining about drunks abusing his family. not cool obviously but WTH did you expect on a night game? our side was around 10% WF and I simply can't understand it. why? our guy was ridiculed - like 1/1000. we didn't abuse anyone remotely. we DID scream about PSU, in vile ways walking out after the game. I own it and feel no shame about it. badge of courage, honestly.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
but EVERYONE I know said the wake fans were starting fights, etc. one guy took a pictures of a wake fan in front of him checking his stocks every 5 minutes. ????

they booed our players getting hurt.

None of this is consistent with my experience with wake fans, students or alum. Probably the most benign group in the conference, apart from maybe BC

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Worst fan bases ranked:
1.)uga- may just be us. Grads are pretty chill but the Walmart contingent is a pain in the ***. Actually spit on my older brother when he was 10 in the late 80s. Roving packs of unsexed degenerates looking to start fights.
2.) WVU. I think while the band was on the field at the gator bowl, one took a dump in their section.
3.) Miami- much like uga, their grads and students aren’t bad. Their hangers on are gutter trash though.
4.) FSU- almost got into multiple fights in tally, but I was sloshed. Accc there was some guy talking smack like I was personally offending him by cheering for tech and I was like “you just beat a 6 win coastal team, congrats I guess”

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The nicest fans I’ve encountered on the road are Vandy and WF, by far. When my son was young they accepted him on the field after the game, at BB & T Field. We stayed for a three day weekend and the people were tremendously kind to us. Another visit, we spent the week between Winston Salem and Charlotte. When we go to the ACC Tournament my son still asks if we can visit our friends at Wake. Same thing in Nashville. It started when we watched their band in the pregame. Offering him shirts, food and one special family giving us an open invitation to stay with them. John the Director of our Alumni Band lives there. Have never heard anyone until today say anything bad about those fans? All schools are going to have an unspoken few, who really don’t reflect on the rest of the fan base.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The 2015 ND fans were terrific. On game day ND has all sorts of fan events hours before the game. The fans were helpful to guide us around so we got best views.
At game they had club of old ND guys who acted as in stadium AMBASSADORS. They were dressed with Green blazers. Man that stadium has plaques and all kinds of historical stuff.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The nicest fans I’ve encountered on the road are Vandy and WF, by far. When my son was young they accepted him on the field after the game, at BB & T Field. We stayed for a three day weekend and the people were tremendously kind to us. Another visit, we spent the week between Winston Salem and Charlotte. When we go to the ACC Tournament my son still asks if we can visit our friends at Wake. Same thing in Nashville. It started when we watched their band in the pregame. Offering him shirts, food and one special family giving us an open invitation to stay with them. John the Director of our Alumni Band lives there. Have never heard anyone until today say anything bad about those fans? All schools are going to have an unspoken few, who really don’t reflect on the rest of the fan base.

UVa fans are great. Especially the baseball enclave (who also set up for football). Share food and beer / liquor and are very hospitable.

VT fans, not so much.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
just UT recently. they were very nice. I'd expect different from UT fans than wake.

and we deal with WVU, which is akin to walking into mos eisley cantina. which is fine. but we just didn't expect that type of behavior from wake fans.
Worst. Tie Auburn, Pups, And Miami.
Next. LSU, Florida, VT, And Bama

GT33

Helluva Engineer
This is a very strange thread, but maybe I'm out of date. Clemson & Auburn were always great places to visit, no issues I ever recalled them visiting us other than the gratuitous drunk fight where no punches ever landed or turned into a hugfest.

Vandy fans have always been disinterested in football & wanted to talk basketball or baseball or some woman's sport they were hot in. Notre Dame fans were pretty good I gotta admit even though I dislike them as a team generally. Miami fans I've found to be very funny, but they are a weird group. They can party, oh my it's no holds barred. FSU I've always found to be ok, great party people. BC fans in Ireland were rather chummy. Uva and Unc are nothing good or bad, they just seem to come & go. Same as Pitt & Syracuse. Wake fans in Jacksonville were all ok, but I have not been to a Wake game in a long time. I did enjoy the Miss St fans in Miami, good people generally. UT fans at the Benz were ok.

I hate Dook fans. Ugh, they're not as bad as Uga who's the worst, but damn they are annoying. You're Dook, get over it. You're never going to fit with anyone else & nobody wants you to. Nc St is another group I've learned to dislike. Just bad fans overall & hard to get along with. Kind of like UCF fans have gotten in the last 5 years or so. VT is insufferable. They still think they're gonna play Beamer ball. Not sure when he left but it was a while ago.

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
Worst fan bases ranked:
1.)uga- may just be us. Grads are pretty chill but the Walmart contingent is a pain in the ***. Actually spit on my older brother when he was 10 in the late 80s. Roving packs of unsexed degenerates looking to start fights.
2.) WVU. I think while the band was on the field at the gator bowl, one took a dump in their section.
3.) Miami- much like uga, their grads and students aren’t bad. Their hangers on are gutter trash though.
4.) FSU- almost got into multiple fights in tally, but I was sloshed. Accc there was some guy talking smack like I was personally offending him by cheering for tech and I was like “you just beat a 6 win coastal team, congrats I guess”

WVU are pure trash. they throw batteries and bags of pi$$ at games. just awful human beings in every way.

obviously I'm going to argue that PSU are just nuts. they think they're Harvard during the weak and bama on the weekends. just delusional idiots. you can't have a remotely decent conversation with any of them. more animal than human. alumni, student, or random fan. these people are cultists.

agree on Miami - when they come into town it's the trashiest people crawling out of the sewer.

shoutout to Nebraska fans - they are so nice. know their place in the world. lovely people.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
WVU are pure trash. they throw batteries and bags of pi$$ at games. just awful human beings in every way.

obviously I'm going to argue that PSU are just nuts. they think they're Harvard during the weak and bama on the weekends. just delusional idiots. you can't have a remotely decent conversation with any of them. more animal than human. alumni, student, or random fan. these people are cultists.

agree on Miami - when they come into town it's the trashiest people crawling out of the sewer.

shoutout to Nebraska fans - they are so nice. know their place in the world. lovely people.
I would add a shout out to Wisconsin fans. They are great and their band is outstanding!

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
The 2015 ND fans were terrific. On game day ND has all sorts of fan events hours before the game. The fans were helpful to guide us around so we got best views.
At game they had club of old ND guys who acted as in stadium AMBASSADORS. They were dressed with Green blazers. Man that stadium has plaques and all kinds of historical stuff.
Agree. My daughter and I went to ND and were supporting GT clearly. We had tickets in an ND section and the people around us were great really interested and knowledgeable about football and overall good people. It was a very good experience.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Worst fan bases ranked:

Can attest to most of these. The only time I've EVER had something other than a football thrown at me at a tailgate was a uGA game in Atlanta around 2009 or so. The dwag fans were throwing cans and glass bottles (!!!) from the top of Peters deck. Just stupid.

The WVU bowl game guy who pooped in the GT band section while they were marching was caught on video doing it, so it definitely happened. Who does this?

I recall a few years back someone from GTAA tweeted out a photo of a huge group of Miami fans who decided to meet the GT team buses by lining up and flipping the bird at them. Classy.