Waffle House Wednesday

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There were actually a lot of option plays called in the spring game. I'd say 75% of our runs were handoff options. We also had some 3O plays called, but they didn't necessarily end up in a pitch read.
The less than a yard plays is what intrigues me the most. We are built for under center power plays, it'll be interesting to see if Coach Pat takes advantage of that or not.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The less than a yard plays is what intrigues me the most. We are built for under center power plays, it'll be interesting to see if Coach Pat takes advantage of that or not.

I always liked midline/QB follows in those situations. Quick hitting, but also adjustable depending on how the front 7 played the gaps.

NEVER doubted us getting a first down back in the Nesbitt days. Master of the midline and QB follows.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I always liked midline/QB follows in those situations. Quick hitting, but also adjustable depending on how the front 7 played the gaps.

NEVER doubted us getting a first down back in the Nesbitt days. Master of the midline and QB follows.
Nesbitt and Dwyer were beasts, of course, but those OL's get short changed. They could really move the LOS in those situations.

slugboy

Staff member
1. That’s a lot of food
2. Maybe it’s coachspeak, but it doesn’t sound like he’s talking coachspeak.
3. There’s a lot to teach in moving from flexbone to our new offense, but he sounds like it’s manageable.
4. They do a nice job with these videos.
5. Nice to hear about the Coastal Carolina coach. That’s been an interesting story for a while

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
It was interesting he said run and shoot, because we didn't do a lot of that in spring makes me wonder if they focused on the air raid concepts side of things all spring thinking that they didn't have to focus hard on route patterns they were doing under Johnson until summer and fall.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
2. Maybe it’s coachspeak, but it doesn’t sound like he’s talking coachspeak.

It is all a bunch of coachspeak.

I do wonder if these guys practice the pitch they make. I suspect at coaches meetings they bullet point the message for the public.

New coachspeak words:

1. Brand
2. Attack
3. Old school run and shoot
4. Innovative

slugboy

Staff member
So, did they say “last Waffle House Wednesday for a while”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
We are so screwed at gt - mocking uga because we are elite.

Not sure I get your point.

We should be mocking UGA. I was at the driving range recently, wearing a GT hat, and another guy started razing me. I noticed the "G" immediately and laughed at his lame attempt at a joke. I then looked at him and said, "You should be proud to have played Alabama in the Championship. Honestly, for a girl's school, the team did well. When UGA actually graduates men ... you might have something." He muttered something and sulked away.

As to being elite ... Tech IS elite. One of the Top 50 STEM schools in the world? Playing competitive D1 football? Put more graduates into space than any other school? Four national championships? Home of Heisman, Dodd, etc. I never want to be average.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not sure I get your point.

We should be mocking UGA. I was at the driving range recently, wearing a GT hat, and another guy started razing me. I noticed the "G" immediately and laughed at his lame attempt at a joke. I then looked at him and said, "You should be proud to have played Alabama in the Championship. Honestly, for a girl's school, the team did well. When UGA actually graduates men ... you might have something." He muttered something and sulked away.

As to being elite ... Tech IS elite. One of the Top 50 STEM schools in the world? Playing competitive D1 football? Put more graduates into space than any other school? Four national championships? Home of Heisman, Dodd, etc. I never want to be average.
Banter verses mocking - look it up.
Batner is funny but and mocking is meanspirited, demaning to an individual , and rooted in a lack of confidence of the speaker.

Mocking
The 60 year old gt drunk at clemson game that yelled (mf s omitted) to a close by band member - go back and play on your tractor - you bunch farmers.

The coach that retorted to a uga caller - he just got off work at Walmart .

Average verses "common"
When i belittled people my mom quoted sactcel paige - Aint any man that can avoid being born average , but aint no man got to be common. She said you are way above average so i expect you to be uncommonly good. Then the wipping. Still have to guard my tongue.

Keep up the bantering. You are doing great.
I just say
1. Gt put men on moon and 85 percent of player graduate..
2. Uga - doing anything to win and only 50% of players graduate.
3. Progress at gt verses uga.

I agree we don't want to be a average at gt football, but we will need to be average before we are elite. Look online at" knight commission on athletic spending " and you will see that illinois and Gtaa have the most debt and worst giving/ticket sales. We can't see average from where we are.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Banter verses mocking - look it up.
Batner is funny but and mocking is meanspirited, demaning to an individual , and rooted in a lack of confidence of the speaker.

Mocking
The 60 year old gt drunk at clemson game that yelled (mf s omitted) to a close by band member - go back and play on your tractor - you bunch farmers.

The coach that retorted to a uga caller - he just got off work at Walmart .

Average verses "common"
When i belittled people my mom quoted sactcel paige - Aint any man that can avoid being born average , but aint no man got to be common. She said you are way above average so i expect you to be uncommonly good. Then the wipping. Still have to guard my tongue.

Keep up the bantering. You are doing great.
I just say
1. Gt put men on moon and 85 percent of player graduate..
2. Uga - doing anything to win and only 50% of players graduate.
3. Progress at gt verses uga.

I agree we don't want to be a average at gt football, but we will need to be average before we are elite. Look online at" knight commission on athletic spending " and you will see that illinois and Gtaa have the most debt and worst giving/ticket sales. We can't see average from where we are.
The dumb mutt barked like an idiot on his call in show. I laughed my arse off when he said that.