VW Workers in Chattanooga Reject The UAW In Union Election

Animal02

Banned
If the majority of the workers don't want a union, then there's nothing wrong with the labor laws, which is the UAW's excuse; it's just that the majority of the workers know that the UAW is worthless.
Not quite worthless.....I have seen first hand their accomplishments. They do wonders keeping the incompetent and criminal employed. ;).

I can tell you all kinds of stories regarding the UAW......spent years in the auto plants here in Michigan.

Animal02

Banned
One of my early jobs working in house at GM was laying out/ documenting assembly plants, engineering centers and offices in autocad.
I discover multiple hidden "sleeping rooms" equipped with queen size mattresses, tv etc where these stellar union employees would sleep on the clock.
When shipping office furniture from the warehouse to the complex, partition walls had to be on one pallet, desk tops on another and light fixtures on a third. Only Carpenters could move wall panels, millwrights desk tops, electricians lights.....even if there were only a dozen pieces total.
During holidays and other shut downs, there would be major work done requiring lots of overtime. Electricians were in demand, but because of diversity rules, there were a lot of incompetent workers. However the overtime had to be evenly divided. The skilled electricians were busy putting together bus duct and other high voltage systems....the incompetent ones changed light bulbs.......1985, they were getting over $80 an hour to change light bulbs.
I could go on and on....but to be a bit fair, there were plenty of salaried and engineering screw ups as well costing mega $$$$.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
One of my early jobs working in house at GM was laying out/ documenting assembly plants, engineering centers and offices in autocad.
I discover multiple hidden "sleeping rooms" equipped with queen size mattresses, tv etc where these stellar union employees would sleep on the clock.
When shipping office furniture from the warehouse to the complex, partition walls had to be on one pallet, desk tops on another and light fixtures on a third. Only Carpenters could move wall panels, millwrights desk tops, electricians lights.....even if there were only a dozen pieces total.
During holidays and other shut downs, there would be major work done requiring lots of overtime. Electricians were in demand, but because of diversity rules, there were a lot of incompetent workers. However the overtime had to be evenly divided. The skilled electricians were busy putting together bus duct and other high voltage systems....the incompetent ones changed light bulbs.......1985, they were getting over $80 an hour to change light bulbs.
I could go on and on....but to be a bit fair, there were plenty of salaried and engineering screw ups as well costing mega $$$$.

Isn’t that about the time the Japanese automakers were kicking the hell out of our asses? :D