#VTvsGT Game Week Media

MidtownJacket

Staff member
from @CGC he mentioned talking to the DBs at length about needing to stop cheating to "cover" other assignments as it opens up larger seams. This is is going to be a key point for us. I do think we are better individually than our secondary has shown. I REALLY hope we see the guys locked in this week and can have a dominant game on all three phases.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
CAT at around 5:45 - 6:25 talks about how CGC and the staff are telling the guys that the D Effort this last week was unacceptable. He also made it clear that behind closed doors it isn't sunshine and hugs but practical, clear and tangible changes that need to be made to how we prepare and play.

Call me a gold-glasses wearing fan, but I do still believe in this staff. CAT and CDP both come across as knowledgeable in their pressers and I just think we are building the program slowly and steadily. Boy do I want it to click soon for this staff and team.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
CAT at around 5:45 - 6:25 talks about how CGC and the staff are telling the guys that the D Effort this last week was unacceptable. He also made it clear that behind closed doors it isn't sunshine and hugs but practical, clear and tangible changes that need to be made to how we prepare and play.

Call me a gold-glasses wearing fan, but I do still believe in this staff. CAT and CDP both come across as knowledgeable in their pressers and I just think we are building the program slowly and steadily. Boy do I want it to click soon for this staff and team.
Hey also talked about how guys were trying to do too much when things break down and how it seems like some guys are picking and choosing which aspects of the "culture" they want to buy into.

Seems like from this presser he knows there are issues, but that he knows how to fix them and that there is more going on behind closed doors than he wants to reveal

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'm sort of like I saw someone else on here say, I'm not going to pass any serious judgement on these coaches and their ability etc until after season 5. I want to see them get all their type players here and playing, their system, culture fully ingrained, all the old gone and forgotten. That's just me, certainly not asking anyone else to do it that way. I am seeing progress and expect to see more progress. Yep, it eventually comes down to wins and losses for all coaches and they all know that and feel the pressure, some thrive on it IMO.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
Listening to Coach Thacker, it’s no surprise to me that 99 had such a good game against our D. It was obvious during the game that we were to focused on trying to take the ball away instead of just tackling him.

I like listening to Coach Patenude. He does a good job of explaining things instead of all coach speak, no substance

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
Note the point where he said the starting 11 might see some changes based on last week's performance.

Interesting to see what will come off that in the game this weekend. Maybe some young guys are going to be asked to step up and play some serious minutes in the game.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Listening to Coach Thacker, it’s no surprise to me that 99 had such a good game against our D. It was obvious during the game that we were to focused on trying to take the ball away instead of just tackling him.

I like listening to Coach Patenude. He does a good job of explaining things instead of all coach speak, no substance
I’ve never played football, but it just seems to me that if we’re not confident yet in our ability to make tackles and stop the ball carrier on first contact, we should be shoring that up before we worry about trying to strip the ball out, considering that stripping the ball causes a fumble on probably less than 1% of attempts.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I remember back in the day, if a starter wasn't getting it done, he would sit on the bench and watch his backup play.

I guess it's not cool to do that anymore.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

Yates as Captain? Seems odd unless he's starting. But odd is frequently part of the brand these days so.... who knows. And....Cole Neuber????