VT notes from Twitter

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So you're all for PI on every forward pass? The NFL has become European soccer with wide outs calling for flags every play.

Only passes where there is interference .. for both offense pushing off and defense impeding the receiver .. :eek:

One thing we should adopt from futbol is a personal foul penalty on kickers who act like they are hurt.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Some interesting rumors from Twitter

VT fans are saying this reported indicated he tore something and could be out a few weeks or the rest of the year.

Then comes this in the afternoon.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I heard Maddy had a broken leg, but the team doctor paid him a visit and he's all good now.

mrmiyagi.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They do have the ability to make you appreciate UVa.

Even though VT is a "tech", the vast majority of their students are non-tech (Ag, teaching, etc). And the engineering they do have is the more "practical" type, civil and mechanical. There are some great engineers that have come out of VT. Especially the older ones. But now the culture there is to skip Friday classes because they can. (According to two VT recent engineering alum.) What put VT on the map was Beamer winning. So they put a lot of resources into their football program. VT in general has more the UGAg type mentality.

UVa students are more like GT students in that they are generally more inquisitive about life. UVa, while predominantly a liberal arts school, has the more theoretical engineering and sciences, material science & physics etc. They haven't been on the football map since the early '90s like we haven't.

Guess which team I pull for?

niel9533

Georgia Tech Fan
Even though VT is a "tech", the vast majority of their students are non-tech (Ag, teaching, etc). And the engineering they do have is the more "practical" type, civil and mechanical. There are some great engineers that have come out of VT. Especially the older ones. But now the culture there is to skip Friday classes because they can. (According to two VT recent engineering alum.) What put VT on the map was Beamer winning. So they put a lot of resources into their football program. VT in general has more the UGAg type mentality.

UVa students are more like GT students in that they are generally more inquisitive about life. UVa, while predominantly a liberal arts school, has the more theoretical engineering and sciences, material science & physics etc. They haven't been on the football map since the early '90s like we haven't.

Guess which team I pull for?

I'm right there with you Navy. I moved to Northern Virginia 18 years ago and I've grown to hate VT more than I hate Georgie. VT has the sidewalk 2-toothed fans just like UGA - and arrogant about Turkey-football...unreal.

I've become something of a UVA fan along the way, too - for the reasons you mention.

I want us to beat VP&SU to a pulp tomorrow - I want this game as much as any game every season.

Go Jackets!
To Hell with Georgia!!!
Stuff the Turkeys!!!!