VT notes from Twitter

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What are knee bursitis symptoms and signs?
Comment on thisRead 26 CommentsShare Your Story
Bursitis can lead to varying degrees ofswelling, warmth, tenderness, and redness in the overlying area of the knee. As compared with knee joint inflammation (arthritis), it is usually only mildly painful. It is frequently associated with increased painwhen kneeling and can cause stiffness and pain with walking. Also, in contrast to problems within the knee joint, the range of motion of the knee is frequently preserved.

knee pain, tenderness, stiffness, and sometimes redness and warmth. Typically, there is point tenderness at the site of the inflamed bursa.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Any word on their QB? He got twisted down on their last drive and looked like he had an issue with his lower back. During a timeout I saw a trainer rubbing something on his lower back.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Any word on their QB? He got twisted down on their last drive and looked like he had an issue with his lower back. During a timeout I saw a trainer rubbing something on his lower back.

He is wearing some sort of back protecter but he is fine.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@AndyBitterVT: DB coach Torrian Gray said Donovan Riley is the starter over Brandon Facyson right now at CB. #Hokies

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@AndyBitterVT: Charley Wiles said he felt better about Corey Marshall (ankle) playing than Luther Maddy (knee), because Marshall practiced today. #Hokies

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

That dude is going to change his ways or get beat up so that he can't play. In the OSU game he was Superman with perfect passes and ran up the middle and fought to stay up. While I admire that in a FB/BB, a QB doing it is a poor risk / reward decision.

I loved the tweet where they were working on their DBs looking for the ball. That's what I saw in the OSU game and they got damn lucky they weren't flagged a bunch of times for interference. You can get away with some contact when you are playing the ball, but there should be zero tolerance for hitting the receiver when you don't know where the ball is.

Working on cut blocks? Hope they don't hurt themselves learning :whistle:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I loved the tweet where they were working on their DBs looking for the ball. That's what I saw in the OSU game and they got damn lucky they weren't flagged a bunch of times for interference. You can get away with some contact when you are playing the ball, but there should be zero tolerance for hitting the receiver when you don't know where the ball is.
You mean like this? (vid 1)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yup, both should have been called pass interference IMHO. It cuts both ways. The NFL does a lot better job of calling pass interference, but the refs are a lot better too.

To me, what's most important is that the game in general, and pass interference specifically, be called consistently. I think players and coaches can adapt to that. What I hate is the seemingly random call where something is flagged that the refs let go on the previous x number of plays.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
So you're all for PI on every forward pass? The NFL has become European soccer with wide outs calling for flags every play.
I agree. NFL better watch out or their viewership may drop over this. Also it should be a 15 yd penalty. Not a spot foul, unless it looks completely intentional. They should do a rules revision in the offseason. Its getting a bit ridiculous IMO.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I agree. NFL better watch out or their viewership may drop over this. Also it should be a 15 yd penalty. Not a spot foul, unless it looks completely intentional. They should do a rules revision in the offseason. Its getting a bit ridiculous IMO.
He NFL calls holding a lot where the same foul would be PI in college. I think the NFL rules are good as long as they don't get too happy with the hands to the face crap and illegal touching or whatever it was they kept calling in the preseason.