VT Defense

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I thought we had a 30% chance of winning this game since many of their best players are very young, but after Saturday, I don't feel that optimistic anymore. (I know...30% isn't very optimistic, but for me, it is) Their D looked very strong against the run.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ohio State was overated. VT played a good game vs. them and won. I think VT is good but don't see them as the world beaters many of yall seem to. I think they will be tough to beat. Also think they are beatable so long as we don't play like manure. I'm looking forward to a tough exciting game. If we win I'll be ecstatic for a day or two before I start to worry about Miami. If we lose I'll be pissed for a day or two before looking forward to da U.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I thought we had a 30% chance of winning this game since many of their best players are very young, but after Saturday, I don't feel that optimistic anymore. (I know...30% isn't very optimistic, but for me, it is) Their D looked very strong against the run.

VT's offense didn't look bad either.
Total yards 324 (passing 199) (rushing 125)
3rd down conversions 9-17
Possession 33:30

Brewer was 199 yds passing, 2 TD and 2 INT

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO our best chance is to score on a couple explosive plays. I think it will be very difficult to sustain long drives, so we need to turn those 20-30 yard plays into the 60-70 yard TD's that we were scoring in 2008 and 2009. If we can do that, I like our chances. Otherwise, I look for a repeat of last year: an ugly game that we somehow come out on the bottom of.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
While I'm worried about VT and all that has been mentioned above, I'm sure that CPJ and the staff are concentrating on GSU this week and getting the fumble bug removed from the offense. (the interception bug too.)

Whatllyahave

Georgia Tech Fan
I was hoping that VT would be down this year but they looked pretty danged good vs. OSU. Unfortunately I think they will run it right at us between the tackles and we will have no answer. Their QB was impressive and if he is a gun slinger he could have a field day against no pass rush and a soft secondary. I'd love to beat them as we should have several times in the past but I don't like our chances even a little bit.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Ohio State was overated. VT played a good game vs. them and won. I think VT is good but don't see them as the world beaters many of yall seem to. I think they will be tough to beat. Also think they are beatable so long as we don't play like manure. I'm looking forward to a tough exciting game. If we win I'll be ecstatic for a day or two before I start to worry about Miami. If we lose I'll be pissed for a day or two before looking forward to da U.
I see this a lot along with "if we bring our A game" type comments. Well, doesn't the quality and talent level of your opponent affect the what kind of game you have/how you look/ how you execute? I mean it's easy to look good against crappy teams. It's just as intuitive to assume you'll look worse against good teams.

I guess it's semantics, but I feel better saying something like "as long as we don't have too many unforced errors...." etc. Good D's will force errors, you can bet your arse on that. And that's not necessarily a bad reflection on your team, but rather, a good one on the opposition. As CPJ likes to say, "last time I checked, they have scholarship players, too."

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am happy about 2-0 and believe this team has some upside. However, we have played 2 crappy teams and have not, imo, looked good for the most part in doing so.
I guess I should have said if you don't shoot yourself in the foot. Our D is bad so not looking good against crappy teams is expected. The O on the other hand is breaking in a new qb and OLine, it'll take some time and it's damn glad we have the schedule we do.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You realize that you're not on the team, right? There's no cosmic connection between fans looking ahead and the team looking ahead.
Whatever works. :shame:

I guess I get paranoid thinking that a player here or there might look over our shoulders at this thread. I suspect the football coaches have pretty much forbidden any talk of VPI until after Saturday.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
You realize that you're not on the team, right? There's no cosmic connection between fans looking ahead and the team looking ahead.

Whatever works. :shame:

I guess I get paranoid thinking that a player here or there might look over our shoulders at this thread. I suspect the football coaches have pretty much forbidden any talk of VPI until after Saturday.

AE 87: What crazy talk you make? You seem to think that what we say and do does not effect the team. Any sane person (that would be Northeast Stinger) will tell you the reality that our actions have the potential to bring bad ju-ju to the team. ;)

If you will all excuse me, I must go knock on every exposed wooden surface in my house, put on my three lucky GT T-shirts (in the proper order), drink my ritual Monday half-shot of bourbon, put on my lucky pajamas, pet each cat three times ("Three shall be the number thou shall count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count two, excepting that thou proceed to three. Five is right out.")—and most importantly: refrain from discussing Vippy-Sue for six more days. Then, and only then, will our team have a chance to succeed this weekend against Georgia Southern.:nailbiting:

mqpayne

Jolly Good Fellow
Bud Foster was quoted that fortunately for VT prep for OSU was the same as for GT. That is either good or bad for us. Time will tell.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
AE 87: What crazy talk you make? You seem to think that what we say and do does not effect the team. Any sane person (that would be Northeast Stinger) will tell you the reality that our actions have the potential to bring bad ju-ju to the team. ;)

If you will all excuse me, I must go knock on every exposed wooden surface in my house, put on my three lucky GT T-shirts (in the proper order), drink my ritual Monday half-shot of bourbon, put on my lucky pajamas, pet each cat three times ("Three shall be the number thou shall count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count two, excepting that thou proceed to three. Five is right out.")—and most importantly: refrain from discussing Vippy-Sue for six more days. Then, and only then, will our team have a chance to succeed this weekend against Georgia Southern.:nailbiting:

You understand.:joyful:

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I wish I could give you multiple likes. Fantastic insertion of Monty Python.

Also, you forgot Jobu's shot! Now you have to do the entire thing over!!!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

:ROFLMAO: