VT Blog's Take on the GT Game

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL at the comments section. They're still delusional, and we still don't get any respect.

Their comments are delusional. The comments read as if VT handed us the ball and said..."no, it's ok...you win thise one." You would think GT is MTSU going into their house and beating them.

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
Some gems from the comments.

Just my two cents... we were beaten by a bad football team Saturday. Thomas was a good QB. I really liked GT's wide receivers and B-back Laskey. But other than the middle linebacker their defense stunk, and their A-backs didn't piss a drop. That team will lose at least 3 ACC games. They are not going to stop anyone.
Agree 100%. It's still early but it looked like this could possibly be the worst ACC team we will face this year other than Wake.
GT is the worst team in our division. There isn't much difference between the best team (which very well may still be VT) and the worst team, but that's the worst.
I have to agree about the defense in particular. GT's defense is really weak. Their DBs looked awful. We had numerous opportunities where their DBs were just completely lost. I just kept watching our offense and thinking - 'We really should be doing better against such a bad defense. And these guys(GT) are supposed to be a better ACC team? Huh?'

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
how do they rationalize this? they consider us to be the 2nd worst team in the acc besides Wake and yet scoreboard fools- we came into their stadium and beat them. somehow that doesn't make them worse than us lol.

@JS....so CPJ owned Foster Saturday?

That and if you read the narrative, Loeffler got handled by Roof. Except, if wasn't Roof doing well, it was Virginia Tech's offense screwing up. Same spin we might take had the result been reversed. The writer was right on the money about them being up late in the game and snapping the ball with 27 seconds left on the play clock, though. Those 25 seconds would come in handy five minutes later.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
I have to agree about the defense in particular. GT's defense is really weak. Their DBs looked awful. We had numerous opportunities where their DBs were just completely lost.
Lost enough to get 3 picks?

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
That and if you read the narrative, Loeffler got handled by Roof. Except, if wasn't Roof doing well, it was Virginia Tech's offense screwing up. Same spin we might take had the result been reversed. The writer was right on the money about them being up late in the game and snapping the ball with 27 seconds left on the play clock, though. Those 25 seconds would come in handy five minutes later.

I hate playing the clock game with 6 minutes left. Reminds me of the Gailey "time for a steady diet of gut" power-power-draw-punt possessions when trying to protect a lead.

Like the prevent defense, you play scared and you're more likely to get burned.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Better luck next year...
trophy-case.jpg

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
How many big plays did we give up? I saw our defense holding up much better than in our previous games. We were getting pressure on the QB, especially when Nealy was sent in. Dude was unblocked most of the time.