Vote: Should Georgia Tech Continue the "Option"?

Should Georgia Tech hire a coach will continue to run the option (or some form of it)?

• Yes

Votes: 203 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 100 33.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2897

What we do is extremely similar to many of the read option and zone option teams we play against. We have had several years of 1700+ yards passing. We just didn’t throw much the last 2 years because we didn’t have the personnel. So for the people who say we run an outdated or high school offense, it’s just football ignorance.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
YOU!!!

I blame my kid for not letting me watch too much football this year. But good catch.

Well, looks like someone opened up his playbook from 2-inch splits and short toss to the tailback.

Edit: crummy read by the QB. Is he afraid of running? Could've been a big play as the TE had a clean outside release and blocked the safety.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we should continue to run something as similar to what PJ ran as possible. However, I think the biggest issue is the passing game.

PJ liked to tout that you could run all of these different plays from our base formation, but he never really exercised that capability. I think you put the QB in the pistol and let the BB start in a 2 point stance. The move back is little less quick hitting but makes the read easier for the QB.

savjacket9

Georgia Tech Fan
There needs to be more choices, because the option is run so many different ways. If you mean exclusively running plays as we have been then no. but if you mean RPOs or something that has some reasonable level of the passing game then sure. But I voted no because I understood the question as continuing in the Johnson manner.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
30B2D7FD-117F-4E98-B77D-EAD19218C20A.jpeg

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
This *looks* like an RPO

That may not be a zone read, but they certainly left the guy unblocked and it *looked* like a zone read

They might have been option calls, but those are the worst reads ever. In that first vid the QB has a 2-on-1 with the 2 WR's out there, yet he hands it to the back. That makes me think it may have been a called give. I dunno - maybe Gargantuamontololo or whatever his name is really is that bad.