• Virginia by 7-13

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Virginia by 14+

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
They run aggressive d - we adjust with many options and 3 big plays.
We run aggressive defense but they only have one playmaker whom we isolate.
The new gt rolls.
45-10.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
GT is peaking at the right time of year. Let's keep the momentum going and everyone show up Early to recognize this great Senior Class for all they have accomplished on the Flats. They will appreciate the gratitude being shown.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I think the game would have been closer if UVA was totally healthy, but they’re not. I expect the offense to move the ball, and if we can hang onto it, score plenty of points. UVA will move the ball on us, too, but not enough. 34-27, Jackets.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Very concerned about this quote - knew it already, but Ken's quote kind of sums up my concerns:

"Perkins is especially effective on third down – his efficiency rating is 177.7 on third down, compared with 143.4 on all downs. That could be a problem for the Jackets, who have permitted opponents to convert 49.6 percent of their third downs, 127th of 129 FBS teams."

Just wonder if we can get off the field.....

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Hmmm. Virginia is good and might even take an opening 7 or 10-point lead, but I can't help but think that if "Good Tech" (no more than one turnover) shows up, that thin-depth Virginia defense will get worn down eventually, no matter how good of a coach Mendenhall is.

Standard three-possibilities projection when Tech plays an opponent with similar to slightly better athletes:

(1) "Good Tech" 31, Cavs 20.
(2) However, if Tech (the Duke-opponent or 1st-half Pitt version) shows up, even an average game from the Cavs nets a Cavs victory.
(3) If "Great Tech" and average or below-average UVA show up, it could be real fun, Tech sailing to a 38-14ish kinda victory.

Here's hoping for version 3, and that those two walk-ons profiled in the Wednesday AJC get in the game for a play or two. (y)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Very concerned about this quote - knew it already, but Ken's quote kind of sums up my concerns:

"Perkins is especially effective on third down – his efficiency rating is 177.7 on third down, compared with 143.4 on all downs. That could be a problem for the Jackets, who have permitted opponents to convert 49.6 percent of their third downs, 127th of 129 FBS teams."

Just wonder if we can get off the field.....

Last year we forced them into eight punts and got a pick six, and still lost. I still don't get how that was even possible.

Deleted member 2897

I've been pretty close lately with a 37-25 prediction over UNCheat and a 29-25 prediction (with a side prediction of extra work for Pressley and Wesley) over ThugU.

I'm going to continue the streak of predicting hard to hit numbers and go with Georgia Tech over Virginia 26-22.

I typed those before even thinking how you might end up there. Whatever.