Virginia Tech Postgame

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
LOL... Temple an elite defense.....Auburn is elite, Georgia is elite Bama is elite, Bama would hang 45 on Temple.

He never said they were elite but the most complete defense since at every level since Temple. I mean he’s not lying or that doesn’t fit your agenda
87D0C204-5FCD-42F1-9FCB-9808CA3CDEE1.png

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
That’s the big problem, because you can say you’re a fan and support the coach and team, but it’s hard to have fun on days like today.

Hopefully he’ll close on our best recruiting class in the last 10-15 years, our guys will get healthy, and we’ll start seeing better play.
Honestly it’s not even the result. Ironically, it’s the - to steal a term Collins likes - process. He just looks like a guy who doesn’t know what he’s doing. It’s one thing to not have the players; it’s entirely another to not be able to get the first play of the game off on time. I mean, they looked like they took the week off.

None of the bells and whistles seem genuine, and really, the recruiting isn’t that great. I hope like hell I’m wrong, but I would be stunned if his time here is long or successful.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
1. he was tired of the Dawg happy media in Georgia
2. He was tired of having to prove his offense worked, which it did.
3. he was getting very little financial support
4. He had coached some 40 years and wanted a break.
5. He was tired of fans complaining the offense was boring, even though it won games.

Trust me on these.

So CPJ - our CPJ - gave a crap enough about what the MEDIA thought to quit?

And our CPJ wasn’t tired of hearing about how our O didn’t work (I for 11 years posted I never cared if we got plus yardage rushing or throwing) - he was tired that some had the audacity to tell him there are 2 other parts to football besides the O.

And our CPJ could not appreciate the AI2020 initiative and the new locker room that I guess was funded by a magic genie.

Tired after 40 years. Yeah, welcome to life.

Tired of fans complaining about boring O? The same CPJ that cared so much about what the media thought that he cared what the fans thought? Enough to quit after40 years?

I don’t care if you trust me on these or not.

Beeloany.

Deleted member 2897

None of the bells and whistles seem genuine, and really, the recruiting isn’t that great. I hope like hell I’m wrong, but I would be stunned if his time here is long or successful.

Huh? By far the best recruiting class in like a decade. And for a team that’s stinking it up on the field.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
LOL.... then if Temple is elite, considering who they play, Then Navy is an elite offense. This is an excuse by a staff that has an idiot for an OC.
Honestly it’s not even the result. Ironically, it’s the - to steal a term Collins likes - process. He just looks like a guy who doesn’t know what he’s doing. It’s one thing to not have the players; it’s entirely another to not be able to get the first play of the game off on time. I mean, they looked like they took the week off.

Recruiting isn’t that great? Lol. Have a good night sir

And our CPJ wasn’t tired of hearing about how our O didn’t work (I for 11 years posted I never cared if we got plus yardage rushing or throwing) - he was tired that some had the audacity to tell him there are 2 other parts to football besides the O.

And our CPJ could not appreciate the AI2020 initiative and the new locker room that I guess was funded by a magic genie.

Tired of fans complaining about boring O? The same CPJ that cared so much about what the media thought that he cared what the fans thought? Enough to quit after40 years?

Beeloany.

Um you ever talked to him.........

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
He never said they were elite but the most complete defense since at every level since Temple. I mean he’s not lying or that doesn’t fit your agenda View attachment 7247
The only reason he brought up Temple is his personal history there. He tried to sell a historic embarrassment of a performance by his team.

He’s like a child trying not to take any responsibility.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck

Beeloany.

It wasn't the media that made CPJ give up - it was the boosters who hated him, trust me on that.

You're just straight up full of crap about the CPJ recruiting comment. Was he good at it - not really, did he hate it or was he too lazy, absolutely not.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Look, I have heard that off field, Geoff is a tough, but fair, coach and he’s committed. All good. And I get the roster. But he hyped it up and the optics are just terrible.

I am concerned about losing the fan base. It was bad in 1980. But it wasn’t this bad.

So you think we will have a game with fewer than 17 k in attendance?

It wasn't the media that made CPJ give up - it was the boosters who hated him, trust me on that.

You're just straight up full of crap about the CPJ recruiting comment. Was he good at it - not really, did he hate it or was he too lazy, absolutely not.

The media didn't help. They didn't like CPJ because he could beat Georgia. As long as Tech has a coach that knows his place then the media is just happy.