Virginia Tech Postgame

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
If he’s smart, he’s talking with O Leary or Saban, or other mentors and asking for help. If he’s not ... he’s in trouble.

Maybe O'Leary would be a good idea, cause he really knows how difficult GT really is. Sa(t)an has never experienced what CGC is experiencing. Yes, he had a slightly rough year his first at UA, but he still had a lot of talent, even then. Sa(t)an cannot win when the talent levels are close and the other team has really good coaches. He wins when his players can bully ball the other team because of physical talent. (kind of remember what happened to him in the Sugar Bowl when he faced Utah with Whittingham out coaching him all over the field) With that said, he is a GREAT recruiter and disciplinarian.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I read a few pages and then zipped to the end. Look folks. It is the same story today as it has been every game this year. Our opponent was able to sustain blocks on us, and we were unable to sustain blocks on them. The only thing that has changed week to week was how many points got scored, how sloppy we played, or how fortunate we were. Today, the blocking was the same, but we were more sloppy and not very fortunate. Also, in my estimation, the effort wasn't really there today either. That is the most disappointing thing of all.

Deleted member 2897

Here is a quote from CGC after the game. I mean, I don’t even know what to do with this. I just had a bowel movement and that didn’t help either.

First of all, I’ve got to give hats off to Virginia Tech. That’s probably the best group of players we’ve seen since we played Temple.”

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I read a few pages and then zipped to the end. Look folks. It is the same story today as it has been every game this year. Our opponent was able to sustain blocks on us, and we were unable to sustain blocks on them. The only thing that has changed week to week was how many points got scored, how sloppy we played, or how fortunate we were. Today, the blocking was the same, but we were more sloppy and not very fortunate. Also, in my estimation, the effort wasn't really there today either. That is the most disappointing thing of all.

Boomer, that last part is the most disappointing. I know we were playing even more young guys today, but I agree, the "elite" effort was not there today for some reason. I just don't see how CGC can recruit to an "elite" level with this kind of performance.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Here is a quote from CGC after the game. I mean, I don’t even know what to do with this. I just had a bowel movement and that didn’t help either.

First of all, I’ve got to give hats off to Virginia Tech. That’s probably the best group of players we’ve seen since we played Temple.”

He wants to believe so badly that he made Temple something special. Matt Rhule made them something special, and now he is doing it at Baylor.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Well, I was at a wedding for the entirety of the game. Turned off my phone at 7-0 for the ceremony and turned it back on to see 28-0. I have no clue what happened in this game and I'm not sure if I want to watch the replay to find out. Really bad loss. Curry blames himself and the other players' lack of execution in his post-game press conference, but I'm sure a lot of blame can be laid on the coaches as well. No one is free of criticism. Either way, put it behind us, focus on NC State.

Animal02

Banned
I will say this. If we are 6-6 in 3 years and he’s flipped the roster with 2-3 years of Top 30 recruiting classes ... we have a good shot at a real coach. We have Geoff because no one else would take the crap he’s having to take. I’m sure he hates it. But he won’t say it.
Sorry I disagree. He wanted this more than anything and TStan bought his hype. He is in over his head. He ends up 6-6 in year three it will take his entire 7 year contract to reach a .500 mark.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Boomer, any thoughts on Yates?

Deleted member 2897

Boomer, that last part is the most disappointing. I know we were playing even more young guys today, but I agree, the "elite" effort was not there today for some reason. I just don't see how CGC can recruit to an "elite" level with these kinds of performances.

Well, they’re not really related. If we had a bunch of highly rated guys on the line of scrimmage, and those guys were playing like this, it would be different. But we’ve got Salutatorians starting on the DL and we lost 4 of our top 7 OL from last year. We’re playing a 70/30 roster - 70% 3-stars, 30% pretty much regular students who played football before.

Deleted member 2897

Sorry I disagree. He wanted this more than anything and TStan bought his hype. He is in over his head. He ends up 6-6 in year three it will take his entire 7 year contract to reach a .500 mark.

So what. We want to start winning 8+ games a year. If he does that in year 3 or 4 and you’re complaining that 4 years earlier he was 2-9, you’ve got bigger problems.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
In his post game presser, we get more praising of Temple along with no personal accountability about the historic embarrassment today.

We have a child as a head football coach.

Coach Collins talked about Temple today? Did we play them again? I am being facetious but he should take some responsibility for the poor showing today. Disappointing, but I would like to see him chewing some people in private...coaches and players. They did not deserve participation trophies after this performance.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Oh I agree he wanted it. And yes, he’s in over his head. I think TStan drops him after 3. But my point was no other reasonable coach was going to pursue this job knowing it was the most difficult transformation in the history of earth.