Virginia Tech Postgame

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Ballin: how many times do you think Collins will beat Georgia? Again, I’m not being sarcastic.

What’s his 3 year win average (excluding this one)?

does he ever make a top 10 ranking?

does he ever beat a top 10 team?

Deleted member 2897

Ballin: how many times do you think Collins will beat Georgia? Again, I’m not being sarcastic.

What’s his 3 year win average (excluding this one)?

does he ever make a top 10 ranking?

does he ever beat a top 10 team?

No.

Yes.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The OL situation is rough and so our expectations should be tempered. But how much more tempering should we be doing? What’s your best case expectations for Pnut’s offense when he gets “his guys” in there? Top 5 OFEI? Top 10? Top 25?

My eye test tells me the ceiling is not super high. Maybe you and ibeeballin see differently, but I don’t know what yalls 3 year expectation is. Offensive line issues suck, but I think of it like that John Lennon quote via the Departed: “I’m a musician. Give me an effing tuba and I’ll get something out of it.”

maybe our offensive personnel is a tuba, but Pnut is no John Lennon

I have no idea what his best case is because his normal situation isn't anything like what we have this year. Some guys are great at fitting square pieces into round holes. Others aren't. I don't really care how good or PNut is in getting triple option players to play something that isn't the triple option. It isn't relevant. I hope after this year we never have a team of triple option players again. I care how much he can get out of guys recruited for his system, in his system. I'm not going to hire Slash, hand him a tuba, promise to get him a guitar in 2 years, and then judge him on how well he can make a tuba sound like a guitar.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
So with Tobias or Graham at QB with CPJ we wouldn’t be bowl eligible lol. Bro I get you played but come on lol. We beat them last year with Tobias running almost 95% of the game.

Graham’s was transferring for 1.

who are these 6 wins? Couldn’t beat USF last yr. Temple would’ve been favored

No luck at UVA
Pitt? Doubt it
Miami? Has struggled with them
Duke? Lol Cutcliffe owned him
NCSU? Maybe

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
I have no idea what his best case is because his normal situation isn't anything like what we have this year. Some guys are great at fitting square pieces into round holes. Others aren't. I don't really care how good or PNut is in getting triple option players to play something that isn't the triple option. It isn't relevant. I hope after this year we never have a team of triple option players again. I care how much he can get out of guys recruited for his system, in his system. I'm not going to hire Slash, hand him a tuba, promise to get him a guitar in 2 years, and then judge him on how well he can make a tuba sound like a guitar.

We can make some informed speculation about how well he can do with “his guys” based on how he does with someone else’s guys. If you don’t believe that, you haven’t watched enough football.

Deleted member 2897

Blah blah blah.... Saw the same thing for the past decade with no childish demands to leave. Grow a pair. Odds are not in favor of Collins being over the .500 mark at the end of three years. Deal with it.

First you said he’d never have a winning record. Now you’re saying his overall record (after likely going 2-9 this year) won’t be positive after 3 years. Who cares? Nobody cares about your arbitrary negative vomiting.

The bottom line of this season is that it was all hyped, and quote, " a total change." But the narrative fell apart with the Citadel game. We found out that we made little preparation for the offense because of some disdain for an FCS team and a weird belief that the flex just doesn't work. CPJ's revenge. Some how we beat Miami but fact is we are digressing. This staff is so hell bent on being an non running team and as such we are now 3 and out. Next year will be worse because it seems that our coastal brethren are getting better and our schedule is tough. Any O-linemen coming in will all be freshmen. And if we keep this failure of an offensive scheme, whatever the hell it is.....well we could go winless.